Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart TV UE50MU6120 - can't change channel while recording

(Topic created on: 14-03-2023 05:10 PM)
Red23
First Poster
Options

Hello, while recording a channel (E4 for example) it won't let me change the channel. There's a pop up that says to change channel I have to cancel the recording.

Is there any way of fixing this? As what's the point of being able to record something if I have to stay on that channel, wouldn't need it recording in the first place then. 

1 REPLY 1
Elvis67
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately not.

All TV's and freeview boxes have a tuner to decode the signals from the broadcast transmitter. Freeview channels are broadcast on different digital signal frequencies called MUX's (multiplexer). BBC channels are broadcast on a different MUX to say Sky arts. When you are recording you are stuck with only being able to change to channels that are broadcast on the same MUX as the channel you are recording. To record a channel and watch channels that are on different MUX's you need a dual tuner which Samsung TV's do not incorporate in their software.

Samsung TV's are totally useless for timeshift and very limited when recording. Timeshift has to be manually enabled and you can't even use the guide if timeshift is enabled. 

0 Likes