Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart Tv UE40F5700 Won't Connect to wifi or by UTP

(Topic created on: 01-10-2019 03:45 PM)
Lions1
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my Samsung tv UE40F5700 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware (now T-MST12DEUC-2126.0)

There must be a software problem.

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lions

7 REPLIES 7
AntS
Options

Hi @Lions1:smiling-face:

Are other devices connecting fine to the internet network the TV's usually on? :thinking-face:

0 Likes
Lions1
Apprentice
Options
Everything is connected fine. Except the television. The television is not always on. I even took the TV to my business to test it on the network over there. I see a lot people with the same complaint. Trough a wifi bridge the TV is working fine. I use my phone as a wifi bridge. So there has to be a software problem. Because even when I put the utp cable straight in TV it doesn't work. I like to get helped please.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks, @Lions1 . :smiling-face: I wouldn't like to advise you that it's definitely a software issue though. When you're trying to connect the TV is it seeing the network at all?

Lions1
Apprentice
Options
Yes, it sees all the possible networks where you can connect to. But it won't connect because it keeps saying that the password isn't correct. This is not true because all the other Devices connect perfectly. Please help this is very annoying.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Lions1 , I've asked one of our AV experts about this one for you, and I'll let you know what they advise me. 

0 Likes
Lions1
Apprentice
Options

Ok, I will wait on your answer.

Greets

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Morning @Lions1 .

My AV colleague has advised that there may be an issue with the TV, and that it would be best to have an approved engineer diagnose it in person. My Mod powers say that you're based in Belgium. If that's correct, then it's best to get in touch with your nearest Samsung TV Support Centre or contact Samsung Support where you're based for further advice.