I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.
These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:
- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress
- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)
- Changing DNS to 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206.
- Updating the firmware
- Calling the ISP's hotline
My questions are :
- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?
- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?
- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?
I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Was watching tv when it suddenly disconnected from internet. Tried entering password multiple times and it kept on responding that password was incorrect. Tried the various suggestions in this thread, none worked. Kept entering password and finally connected. Didn’t know this was such a widespread problem with Samsung tvs. Wouldn’t buy one again.