I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.
These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:
- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress
- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)
- Changing DNS to 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52.
- Updating the firmware
- Calling the ISP's hotline
My questions are :
- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?
- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?
- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?
I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
This worked thank you.
Your router is blocking the tv because Samsung WiFi firmware is dog *****- it is causing broadcast storms and your router is blocking it- check in your router for MAC addresses being blocked. Synology routers 2600 block it - it could take 3 days or 13 ( in my case) for the router to block it- im sure it will get blocked again, but at least you can fix it. As soon as I unblocked the tv connected .
samsung should be ashamed, and refund money to all the people they said ‘change your router’ ‘it’s not our fault’ even though they acknowledge they have a problem. The latest firmware released in July 2021 is supposed to fix it they say! Lol! They should be sued for ripping people off .
You’re welcome, I’m glad it did.
Correct - I just got hit by this issue and the hard reset using the remote did NOT help. The issue cropped up few days ago, and I thought it was the router - so restarted couple times. It seemed to work, but the TV will lose connection again within 24 hours. Same issue as the OP - TV connects to phone hotspot, but will fail to get IP from the router. The TV is 65" SUHD 4K Flat Smart TV KS8000 Series 8 - worked fine all this time. Nothing on the network/router/LAN/wifi has changed.
Also - noticed that router might be blocking the TV's MAC address - see this link - https://appuals.com/fix-samsung-tv-not-connecting-to-wifi/ - that suggests that IF the TV is able to connect to Mobile hotspot, but not to the router, then the MAC address might be blocked on the router.
This fix did not work for me. What worked was this - leaving it here for folks who might have same problem as mine:
1. Tried connecting to router; got IP address 169.X.X.X and no internet
2. Then tried connecting to Mobile hotspot - worked fine
3. This indicated that router (or the ISP) may be blocking the TV MAC address
4. Called ISP (Spectrum/Charter) - they assured me nothing was blocked on their end
5. Came back to my router and did 2 things: (a) Added my TV MAC address in "Allowed" list under Access Control, and (b) reserved an IP address for that TV MAC address.
6. After that, and leaving the TV to automatically get IP address from the router, I tried again, and it worked. I have seen people recommending adding the IP manually; I had tried that before and that did not work for - so leaving the TV in auto get IP mode worked.
Will report back if this solved the problem permanently.
Nothing has worked for me. Not permanently anyway, any fix is dead within minutes of my leaving SmartHub. The rest of the set works fine and my Blu Ray can access what I want. I've already got my eye on a Hitense 4K set, this one will go into the bedroom.
I will let you know if my suggested fix will stick. But worth trying, if you want.
I just want to publicly thank you! It worked! I’m so happy to enjoy this feature. Thank you again, it was brilliant.