I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.
These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:
- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress
- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)
- Changing DNS to 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124.
- Updating the firmware
- Calling the ISP's hotline
My questions are :
- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?
- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?
- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?
I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I found a fix that seems to work. Just change the password of your WIFI on the modem. It is a pain because you are going to have to sign in on all of your devices with the new password. I did this a couple days ago and everything is good.
Yes, sooo annoying! WiFi works perfectly with every device except the Samsung TV. Have to reboot every. single. day!!!
Best Buy told me it was the WiFi receiver in the tv. Is there a way to fix it? TV works beautifully except for not picking up the WiFi. We are wired. Don’t know what else to do. Have to reboot to connect every day. 😞
Having the same problem.
I was told it was the WiFi receiver IN the Samsung. My tv is a 2017 curved screen. TV picture, sound...all great. Hope this is fixable. We have done all you have described as well.