Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 17-07-2018 12:09 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Go to solution
592 REPLIES 592
Tino46
Explorer
Options

Hi

Check out my previous post here on the forum. I keep posting this as the answer, as it worked for me. Hopefully this helps with your scenario. It is still working... roughly 4-5 months in:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Wifi-Stopped-On-Smart-TV/m-p/1661960#M37893

Kind Regards & Best of luck,

Tino46

polldoll
First Poster
Options
Thanks for all the responses ... I had to resort to a tv engineer who quickly diagnosed the problem as dud powerline adaptors; being the excellent chap he is the engineer loaned me a pair of adaptors until replacements arrive and will then do whatever he needs to, to set me up again.
Referring my IP back to having reported only one adaptor being lit up in my previous lengthy livechats they're being replaced free of charge.
0 Likes
RKShukla
Pioneer
Options

Steps given in this guide to fix wifi issue on Samsung TV should work for you. Try resetting the TV and the router both.

0 Likes
Diogo1
Student
Options

This is shameless! I tried everything, and nothing solves the problem permanently. I always have to reboot the TV all the time I turn it on to be able to connect to Wi-Fi. I contacted Samsung costumer support, and after scheduling a visit from a technician, they just didn't appear or followed up afterwards. This is an epic fail from Samsung. If I knew what I knew today I had bought an LG TV, and that's probably what I'll do in the future. Terrible software and customer support. 👎

0 Likes
Dolph
Explorer
Options

Go into your router. Rename the 5 or 2.4ghz frequency. Your tv has difficulties switching between those when they have the same name. It helped everyone with this problem. 

Diogo1
Student
Options

Costumers shouldn’t be forced to change the name of either one of the 2.4 or 5G networks. Samsung should fix this. Period. Plus in my case doing so damages the connectivity of other devices I have.

0 Likes
Dolph
Explorer
Options

You're right about forcing to do it. But it's the only solution. In my case it didn't do anything to other devises. They switch flawlessly between the two separate networks you've created. You can leave one out if you want. Depends a bit on your housing situation. The 2.4 has a bit wider cover area an de 5 is faster if you're closer. I only offer you a solution if you want to keep watching tv without interruption. Samsung isn't adressing this issue so we have to work around it. In my case it did without any other problems. 

0 Likes
Tino46
Explorer
Options

Hi

Check out my previous post here on the forum. I keep posting this as the answer, as it worked for me. Hopefully this helps with your scenario. It is still working... roughly 4-5 months in:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Wifi-Stopped-On-Smart-TV/m-p/1661960#M37893

Kind Regards & Best of luck,

Tino46

0 Likes
sam126
First Poster
Options

true

0 Likes
Yo2019
First Poster
Options

Have you tried unplugging the tv from the wall it's a pain but it works every time for me?  Nothing I did worked except this. 

0 Likes