Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 17-07-2018 12:09 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Go to solution
592 REPLIES 592
Annicx
Journeyman
Options

And yet Samsung insist the TV has no faults and they won't send an engineer. This is suppoed to be a premium flagship product and their attitude is appalling. If I were to treat my customers in this manner I'd be out of business. Meanwhile, my freinds all have £200- £400 TVs that work perfectly............

0 Likes
Greg8491
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your reply.  I’ve never been able to solve this issue permanently on one of my three Samsung TVs.  2 out of three work fine.  If I decide to watch something requiring the internet, I reach behind the TV and disconnect the power, then turn back on, connect to the internet.  Makes no sense to me, and shows me that I won’t replace this TV with a Samsung in the future.

Paul473
Journeyman
Options

I’m still having a problem with my TV every time I go on Internet miss Wi-Fi speakers that Samsung keep dropping out now if I wanna go on TV I watch the TV I have to disconnect the speakers but I’ll having a problem with this I thought I’d fixed it but I haven’t

0 Likes
Yo2019
First Poster
Options

I see that you said you unplug it but I unplug my tv and it works everytime. It seems to not work everytime now when we turn it off so we have to unplug each time. 

0 Likes
Paul473
Journeyman
Options

Hi yo 2019 

I’ll tell you I am plug out to reset my Samsung account and be honest with you I can’t remember what I did but it worked for awhile but now it’s not working again it keeps dropping out so I’m gonna try something else

0 Likes
Paul473
Journeyman
Options
God I thought is me I’m glad there’s a lot of people have been problems well not glad that you’re having problems but glad that I’m not the only one that’s having a problem and thinking it’s only me but it’s not well let’s hope we all get this sorted out soon
0 Likes
MandyJo
Journeyman
Options

I tried the hold power button on the remote when the tv is on and let it cycle through a reboot and that seems to get me connected back to the internet when the tv reboots, though it takes a bit. I am still getting the errors for not being connect to the internet everytime I try to use my tv for Amazon or Netflix, it's not just a one off, it is every single time, so I have to do the remote reboot each time I want to use anythign on my tv that connects to the internet. The option of a remote reboot is slightly better than having to unplug the power cord from the back everytime, but I still don't feel I should have to do this. Samsung either need a serious patch update or they need to have a recall on these TVs. I have an extended warranty from where I bought the tv (TV Bought in November 2017), but I don't think it will cover this. I have been a huge Samsung user (two tvs, blueray player, laptop, tablet, and phone) and am really dissappointed that they have not come up with a solution for this that fixes it for as long as it has been a problem. I may have to look into another brand when I start replacing the current hardware. Very disappointed in Samsung.

0 Likes
Anne1219
First Poster
Options

This is frustrating! I have this problem for months, at first all the suggested solutions still work, but today, nothing seems to work. It is also frustrating to go through all the work around everyday just so we can access any app. We bought this so we have an internet-capable TV in our bedroom. We should've just bought a fire stick for our old USB-compatible TV and have saved more euros. Luckily it's still under warranty, might return it this weekend. They've lost another Samsung customer here. 

0 Likes
zzgirl
First Poster
Options

Holding the tv remote power button down until it reboots, worked for me.   Something so simple, wish I read this an hour ago.

Aloha!

Amriano77
First Poster
Options
worked with me . thanks :smiling-face: