Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 10:01 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
RKShukla
Pioneer
Options

Try restarting the router and the TV. It should be fixed. You can also try the the tips given here:

https://technastic.com/samsung-tv-internet-wifi-connection-issues-fix/

0 Likes
Db31
First Poster
Options

Was watching tv when it suddenly disconnected from internet. Tried entering password multiple times and it kept on responding that password was incorrect. Tried the various suggestions in this  thread, none worked. Kept entering password and finally connected. Didn’t know this was such a widespread problem with Samsung tvs. Wouldn’t buy one again.

0 Likes
Dejan1990
First Poster
Options

This worked perfectly, didn’t know this actually was a feature. Will definitely do it more often to kill off all idle processes

0 Likes
Makiko
Apprentice
Options
Disney
0 Likes
Robinmoore
First Poster
Options

Thank you it worked  !

0 Likes
MatthijsHoekstra
First Poster
Options

Just registered an account to say this was the solution. Fixed op address!! Thanks.

0 Likes
Companion
Student
Options

I really appreciate the solution which worked perfectly, and explained why my Samsung Smart TV suddenly did not recognize my wired internet connection through my MoCA adapter from my Desktop computer in my upstairs study. I wasted hours with my Windows 10 Pro computer, changing cables, etc. I had come to the conclusion that it was something with my Samsung TV, but never connected it to the IPv6 protocol! Thank you again for solving the issue; my internet works perfect, and so does my Serviio player! 🙂

RKShukla
Pioneer
Options

Glad to know the tips helped you fix the problem.

0 Likes
alaminosman
First Poster
Options
Hello I'm trying to fix my parents TV
0 Likes
SirSmoraw
First Poster
Options

I was struggling with the same problem and found a solution! First I made 2 separate WiFi networks for 2.4GHz and 5GHz and then changed the Mode/Standard of the 2.4GHz network from  802.11 b/g/n/ax to 802.11 b/g/n. Probably the TV’s network card was unable to process the newer standard. Hope this helps someone :smiling-face:

0 Likes