Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 05-01-2021 01:34 PM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
FvKobbelgaard
First Poster
Options

Similarly to many others here I have had issues with my Samsung TV not staying connected to my WiFi and not connecting when turned on. It has been an issue for a long time, but went crazy after changing ISP and installing a new router. It now seems I have solved both issues after working on it for days and having done everything else than changing the router (I cannot due to my ISP). The first problem of not connecting when turning on the TV and having to soft reboot by holding down the remote power or turning it off at the outlet was fixed by turning of the automatic startup of smart hub. And the problem of the TV not staying connected turned out to be disturbances on the wifi-band. Therefore I fixed it by only having the TV connect on the 2.4ghz band and then having every other mobile, computer and so on be connected on the 5ghz band. I realise that might not be a feasible solution for everyone, but it might beat having to buy a new router.

shamirjaver
First Poster
Options

This works! 

0 Likes
pawelkoo
First Poster
Options

I have tried almost everything and the problem was still unsolved.

I've tried:

Changing DNS - 8.8.8.8

Reset network settings

Factory reset TV

TV firmware update

Holding on/off button for 10 sec

Unplugging my router and TV for 30 minutes

Deleting network passwords

Changing SSID of my 2,4/5 networks

And even more..

The TV couldn't connect automatically via WiFi, and finally manual network setting (IP settings) helped me.

TP-LINK Router

Choose 'Enter Manually'

IP adress: 192.168.1.x

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.1.100

DNS server: 192.168.1.100

In the place of 'x' you need to enter a value with an available IP adress. For me number '8' works. When I put '1' it kept disconnecting.

0 Likes
Kdlight2020
Student
Options

Mine never rebooted, but I was able to get it to work fine without using WiFi (found an HTML cable in the office). 

0 Likes
Donald4
First Poster
Options

This worked! So easy, thanks 

0 Likes
Yourmum
First Poster
Options

Thanks for that. Just had the same issue and your solution worked straight away. 

0 Likes
clore
Student
Options

The only thing that works for me is to unplug the set overnight. Then i have to input the network name and security key. I can then watch Netflix. But if i try to access Netflix the next day, it's the same problem all over again. I've tried every fix in this thread. Mind you, I have a Panasonic Smart Blu Ray player, same vintage as my Samsung TV and it never fails to connect - never. I'd just prefer not to have to turn on another device to make up for the shortcoming in my TV.

0 Likes
AzkaKhan
First Poster
Options

Thankyou soooooooo much for posting this!

Your kindness has literally saved me from pulling my hair out (this wifi thing has been a constant pain in the neck for the last 2 years)

0 Likes
Miggz
First Poster
Options

Did you ever find a solution? If have the same issue. I end up having to reset the network every time. 

0 Likes
jayarrgh
First Poster
Options
The fault is with the internet hardware in the TV's themselves so I was told by a Samsung repair man. he changed the board but told me that the memory is most likely at fault. a 100% fix is to bin the Samsung and buy a Sony!
0 Likes