Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 07-11-2020 05:22 PM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
TomerOz
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem - this solution solved it like magic!!

0 Likes
Motnahp
First Poster
Options

Malware bot or spyware in Samsung update is making DoS Denial of Service network loads that my router detected and now blocks tv

from network

0 Likes
Beerzz
First Poster
Options

Worked for me. Thank you! Just held power button down for about 10 sec and it all came back up and wifi was back to normal. 

0 Likes
GyroEater69
First Poster
Options

I held the remote power button down till reboot and it worked at first but the problem kept coming back. 
The only thing that consistently worked for me was setting the TV to a static IP address in my router settings and then manually inputting the IP address and gateway info in the TV network settings instead of letting the TV auto detect it.

0 Likes
ScouseBubba
First Poster
Options

Does anyone actually understand the root cause to this issue?  I certainly don't.  My TV Wi-Fi connectivity is sporadic too.  My connection was fine when I first connected to my router, but over time it started taking longer to find the network after powering on.  Eventually it would never find it so I went for several weeks doing reboots & resets etc.  After some more time passed, I could not connect no matter how many resets and power cycles I did.  I tried setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8  and I was able to reestablish my connection.  Alas, it only lasted for a couple of week before it crapped out again.  With expectations low, I went to the Samsung help page and was chatting with help desk rep.  We chatted about this site and she suggested I try turning on IPv6 support.  I don't know why since it's not enabled on my router and my ISP does not support IPv6 either.  To my surprise the TV was able to establish a connection with my network again when I enabled it.  This make no sense to me.  Obviously the TV can not be using IPv6 if it's not enabled on my network and my internet service provider doesn't support it.  Again, does anyone truly understand the root cause of this issue?  I don't have a lot of faith in Samsung's wireless implementation, so I won't be tempted to pick up any of their products for Christmas gifts again.

0 Likes
Tino46
Explorer
Options

Hi

I dont know the route cause. But so many people could just do this simple fix. Worked for me and still working almost a year in - no problems since!! Check out my previous post here on the forum. I keep posting this as the answer, as it worked for me. Hopefully this helps with your scenario:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Wifi-Stopped-On-Smart-TV/m-p/1661960#M37893

Kind Regards & Best of luck,

Tino46

0 Likes
Tino46
Explorer
Options

Hi

I dont know the route cause. But so many people could just do this simple fix. Worked for me and still working almost a year in. Check out my previous post here on the forum. I keep posting this as the answer, as it worked for me. Hopefully this helps with your scenario:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Wifi-Stopped-On-Smart-TV/m-p/1661960#M37893

Kind Regards & Best of luck,

Tino46

0 Likes
Garytmc
First Poster
Options

100% fix. I hope this helps the many of 1000s with this problem.

Put tv into stand by mode... now press info, menu, mute, power... this should put your Samsung tv into the secret menu screen. Now goto option, mrt option, wifi region. Change the E to A press enter power off the tv and back on. Problem fixed.

Ps if your tv doesn’t goto secret menu try a few times if that fails google search the code for secret menu for your tv model.

icruz
First Poster
Options

Holding down power button to reboot the TV worked!  It connects to the internet again, like it used to.  

0 Likes
Leveenos
First Poster
Options

Thanks!  Just was dealing with this myself....worked after trying this! 

0 Likes