Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 29-06-2020 07:59 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
Dolph
Explorer
Options

Didnt renaming your frequencies in your router (5ghz en 2.4ghz) work? It's 5 minutes work and a permanent solution. 

0 Likes
Hosein1
First Poster
Options

I have problem with WiFi and tv

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Android security patch update Jun-2020 for Samsung devices

Since this update I am unable to access my contacts via the ‘Contact' app. I am still able to see & search for contacts using the phone app. When I press on the Contacts app it says ‘permission denied’ I have checked the permission status of both the ‘Contacts' and the ‘Phone' apps, cleared the cache and allowed all permissions and there seem to be no issues.

My phone is the Samsung Galaxy S5e SM-T725 running Android 10

The same thing has happened to my wife’s phone Samsung Galaxy SM-A7

Samsung what are you playing at, sending out a security update (with a bug) that has the potential to wreck all your customers phones?

On contacting Samsung Chat I got a lady called Khisses. Don’t know which country she originates from but she wasn’t knowledgeable about this fault at all. After suggesting I cleared the cache and force stop the contacts app (both of which I had already tried) she went straight for the kill, a factory reset. So I used another phone that wasn’t being used, just to Smartswitch all my contacts, settings and apps over to back everything up. However Smartswitch is a poor programme and didn’t copy the settings or the apps. It was set to copy them but failed to do it. So I lost everything and now I am in the process of signing into 200+ apps and accounts and resetting my biometric security! Thanks for nothing Samsung. Your update is faulty and at the end of the day it changes unnecessary settings to make my phone seem different and strange.

Today I will reset approximately 50 website shortcuts. Thanks a bunch Samsung. You suck!

tonycas
First Poster
Options

Hey, new reply for your issue.

I was experiencing the same behavior and, like you, I suspected my ISP was blocking the device.

I had forgotten that I had paused internet access for the TV using the management app for the ISP.

Check if your parents ISP has that feature.

0 Likes
wthorn52
First Poster
Options

This saved me a lot of time and effort, I had the problem, tried changing DNS and messing with router to no effect. Holding down a power button... who'd of thought.... great tip 

0 Likes
bluediamond07
First Poster
Options

Yes, this worked for me as well

0 Likes
adityapai14
First Poster
Options

After a lot of trying, I finally found the solution. I changed the Channel width from 20MHz to 40MHz, and it started working. Samsung Smart TVs probably require specific network settings for the internet to work.

Sookie
First Poster
Options

My Samsung is about seven years old and stopped working 4 years ago as far as the Apps go. It won't connect to the Internet at all! Are you aware if Samsung has given any answers to this issue?? If not I will call them and ask personally!  Thx

7/20/2020

0 Likes
Denmese
Student
Options

I have contacted Samsung as recently as last week and expressed my frustration at their lack of software updates to deal with these problems. My latest was that I was unable to connect thru SmartHub after a reset. I received zero help thru their customer service and was finally able to setup but had to bring my tv directly to my internet source rather than wireless. Ridiculous customer service IMO.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Sookie @Denmese   Realise this is quite a long thread but have you tried some of the possible fixes mentioned.  I will link you to page 42 where there are a few recommendations including the post from myself.  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-smart-tv-stopped-connecting-to-internet-wifi-and/td-p... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes