Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 11:53 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
Volcano401_
First Poster
Options

Its the IPV6!!!! I just tried it while on this forum and it freakin worked! Now if the tv connects to the internet for atleast a week straight, ill be a happy camper!!!!! Hahaha - but im pretty confident this is it!!! Thanks for confirming!!! 

19JR
First Poster
Options

This didn't work for me. Think our TV's more than 5years old and then last week suddenly the TV was unable to detect the Samsung dongle. In the end I found the following solution which worked: Click Menu on the remote, select System, select General, select Connect USB Hub to, and ensure TV is selected.

0 Likes
Dolph
Explorer
Options
Try to go into your WiFi router (look up in YouTube if you don’t know how to) and rename the 2.4ghz and 5ghz frequencies. You end up with 2 WiFi signals in your house. Samsung tv’s have trouble switching between the 2 if needed and disconnect then. It helpt my 5 year old Samsung and many others as the main solution. Good luck.
polldoll
First Poster
Options

Please bear with me, I'm not techi-minded but this thread seems to relate to my problem .. with Error102  coming up on the screen my 6month old  UE43RU tv's not  connecting to the internet...  The ethernet light on the modem's not on, the 8888/8844 thing didn't help and neither did switching off at the wall switch. Talktalk seemed to think the ?ethernet yellow cable's faulty, but trying one I haven't used before didn't make any difference. As the tv and router are in different rooms I have what I think they called an extender showing three lights but the middle light's not  on, the router's ethernet cable is connected to an extension socket.  Not ideal I know, but it's been fine up to now. Having spent hours on it today I'll log in tomorrow hoping some genius can sort me out...

0 Likes
LeeMan1
First Poster
Options
Thank you! This really helped. It helped so much that I felt entitled to dig up my passwords and info to sign in just to like and comment on your thread!
0 Likes
Kikibe88
Apprentice
Options
Thanks so much...you're more than welcome!!!😊
0 Likes
polldoll
First Poster
Options

Can't face another day like yesterday so I've given up on sorting this out myself... phone  has authentication problem now. Fearing I might mess up my computer as well a TV techie's calling tomorrow. Thanks anyway...

0 Likes
Tino46
Explorer
Options

Hi

Check out my post here on the forum. I keep posting this as the answer! Hopefully this helps with yoru scenario. It worked for me and is stillworking... roughyl 4-5 months in:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Wifi-Stopped-On-Smart-TV/m-p/1661960#M37893

Kind Regards & Bets of luck,

Tino46

0 Likes
Joe39
First Poster
Options

Its jot the network.  Its the tv... I started having the same problems about a week ago.  The only thing that works it unplugging  and replugging it in.  I don't get it.  I think the wifi module needs to be replaced.  None of the fixes work.

0 Likes
Dolph
Explorer
Options
Have you tried renaming the router frequencies (in your router) The 2.4 and the 5 are named the same and your tv can’t switch easily so it’s going to disconnect. Rename them and try again.
0 Likes