Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 10:26 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
Pulanski
Journeyman
Options

Hi thanks for this! Thisworks for me every time I switch the TV on now. At least I don’t have to reset the network connections and put in the WiFi code every time!

0 Likes
Pulanski
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for this but I didn’t have to do this in the end. Someone on the community said that I should press the power button u TIL the Samsung logo appeared and the red light flashed. This seems to reconnect the tax to the internet. It has worked every time so far. Still shouldn’t have to do this though. Fed up with Samsung!!!

0 Likes
Nanishma
First Poster
Options
You saved me thank you
0 Likes
RKShukla
Pioneer
Options

Finally, I fixed the WiFi connection issue on my TV!

https://technastic.com/samsung-tv-internet-wifi-connection-issues-fix/

0 Likes
sharon30127
First Poster
Options

This worked for me!

0 Likes
Danthemanmason
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue.  Have a 2020 model 50 inch.

Worked fine first time and then wont connect.  It picks up the wifi but blocks the internet.  All other devices work except the tv.  I have deleted the network and started again, turned on and off.  Reset.  Held off button down.  

Still does not work.  Have to watch through playstation.  So the tv is useless.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
RKShukla
Pioneer
Options

Try resetting the TV. If that doesn't work, try updating the firmware manually:

https://technastic.com/samsung-smart-tv-software-update/

Danthemanmason
Apprentice
Options

I think the issue is the tv cant switch from 5ghz to 2.4ghz.  I've switched the modem to 2.4ghz only as better signal.  So far so good.  But obviously not as good for streaming....but seems to be enough.  

0 Likes
RKShukla
Pioneer
Options

I tried the same. Switched between 5ghz and 2.4ghz networks. Everything works fine after the software update.

0 Likes
Danthemanmason
Apprentice
Options
Yeah. This did not work for me.