Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 10:23 PM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
rd1864ss
First Poster
Options

Problem: my tv turns on with the spectrum remote. I only use the TV remote to change source. I tried it with both remotes, the TV came on with the TV remote but but nothing changed?

0 Likes
Yator
Student
Options

Do it when the TV is on.

0 Likes
Erikbro09
Apprentice
Options

So what's really the problem ?

0 Likes
rd1864ss
First Poster
Options

I have tried with both remotes with the TV off and on. When I hold down either remote the TV come on or turns off and then comes on, but it just the TV; I dont see any indication of where to set the wifi? I hold the remote(s) down sometimes 10 seconds; nothing.

0 Likes
keithone15
Journeyman
Options
why do you have two remotes. set your tv back to the factory settings ditch the second remote and use the Samsung remote to re set up the tv. Try that.
0 Likes
Tino46
Explorer
Options

See my thread here on the forum as this is the simplest solution & can help everyone with the same problem. It worked for me and Im almost 3 months in with no issues to my solution! Easiest Option without techy configuaration requirements:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Wifi-Stopped-On-Smart-TV/m-p/1661960

0 Likes
mbd737
First Poster
Options

I too have been plagued with this problem.  I bought a Samsung Q70 about 6 months ago and it would intermittently stop connecting to the router. 

Initially I switched the connection from a 5Ghz to a 2.4GHz network.  This really seemed to help although the problem would still occur but less frequently. Over the past several weeks the problem seemed to be getting worse.  I then found this forum thread.

I thought I had previous disabled IPV6 on my ASUS router but checked the settings.

IPV6 was disabled but there was another setting for IPV6: “AUTO CONFIG SETTING - ENABLE ROUTER ADVERTISEMENT”, that was enabled.  I have disabled this feature and now have not had any problems for the last three weeks.

0 Likes
rd1864ss
First Poster
Options
WHAT! Where do I begin?
0 Likes
Tino46
Explorer
Options

Go to my thread instead. This works without all the techy know how. It is easy and will work in the simplest method. Hop eit works for you and let me know how you get on:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Wifi-Stopped-On-Smart-TV/m-p/1661960#M37893

0 Likes
JWB1
First Poster
Options

Just order a Roku or Firestick.  Plug it in to your TV and your problem will be solved.  Neither drop their connection nor do they have to be reset, powered off, reconfigured........ We have two new Samsung Smart TVs and both now have a  streaming device (that works!). Neither has lost its signal since.

0 Likes