Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 29-12-2019 07:22 PM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
keithone15
Journeyman
Options
Did I make it clear that the on /off button I used was then one on the remote not the tv, turn the tv of with the remote, leave for 10 seconds, press and hold down the on/off button on the remote for a good 30 / 45 seconds, it will flash but take no notice of that. let go of the remote on/off button and switch the tv on with the remote and try your amazon prime or whatever you use.
0 Likes
Erikbro09
Apprentice
Options

Try disconnecting all cables. From the one connect box and the tv plug then plug everything back in. 

Also if your the names of your WiFi are identical the tv will have problem connecting to one. I would suggest to try and change the name of one of the WiFi. Essentially the 5G one 

0 Likes
suhasbhoir
First Poster
Options

Yes...I am facing the same problem. My TV is connecting to mobile hotspot anyhow but not connected to Home wireless router.

0 Likes
Keitrinidad
First Poster
Options

Hello, thank you all for the reply, my TV connects after several tries and disconnects after you switch off the TV. Then you have to reconnect it again for several times again.

Btw:

router: PROLiNK PRS1241B ADSL2+ Wireless Modem/Router

tv: UA55NU7300

yes, i have tried several methods like unplugging the wifi, the tv and long pressing the power button but to no avail, it is still not working

I am not a techie and I am just a student, so please bear with me, thank you so much.

0 Likes
YasminaBotlo
First Poster
Options

@Mazaz wrote:

@Bobik wrote:

HI 7alhoul and James,

Thank you for your replies. I will try disconnecting the tv for a few minutes and see if that works and also check the firmware version. I have already tried reseting the Internet box and Wi-Fi, but it didn't work :(. I have already tried the smart hub reset also. 

I think that the solution might be to completely erase all previous information about Network connections on the TV. Is there a way to do this? (Even the factory reset specifies it doesn't remove Network connections...). 

I have got around this issue by turning off the TV at the wall switch and then back on again before turning it on with the remote. If I do that, it has no problems connecting to wifi, ethernet or hotspot (yes I even did my experiment with phone data). 

After around 7 to 10 minutes of being off (via the remote) the TV is unable to find the saved network. If the TV is off for less time than this, no probs, network found. 

I'd much rather turn off the power switch for  second before turning the TV on. Doing a TV reset every time is insane and doing a network reset every time is also crazy (well for me!). 

0 Likes
keithone15
Journeyman
Options

Have you tried to complain to the samsung  help line. A smart TV is not a Smart TV if it wont connect to the Internet easily.

try calling 0333 000 0333
Smartphone support | 24 hours, 7 days a week
All product support | Mon - Sun | 8am - 10pm
B2B Support | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm
Terms & Conditions +

I think there will be a lot of people who wont buy another samsung product again, you can also contact them on twitter.

0 Likes
Shadyf101
First Poster
Options
Thanks very much for this fix, sorted an old fellas problem (me 😉) with easy instruction that worked first time. Once again thank you! 👍😁
Berry_Grumpy
First Poster
Options
Thank you!!! I just held power button when turning it off as well as turning on, so I don't know exactly which way it worked, but it worked!
networkissues
First Poster
Options

did anyone's samsung tv actually came on when they were holding down the power button on remote? in my tv the only thing that happens is the tv switches off and remains off. i have been holding down the power button for a good 12 minutes before i realized this is not happening!

0 Likes
wlambert
First Poster
Options

My TV disconnects from the wi-fi one or more times a week and I find it difficult to impossible to get it to reconnect.  I have found that if I remove power from my cable modem/router and allow it to sit for 30 seconds to 1 minute then power it back up, my TV connects and works until the next time.  This always works and is relatively easy to do. 

0 Likes