Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 13-06-2019 01:16 PM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
shwinerz
Apprentice
Options
Hey Annicx, please try looking at the post I made about a week ago and give it a try :smiling-face:
0 Likes
shwinerz
Apprentice
Options
Hey Romik, please have a look at the post I made around a week ago and see if it helps :smiling-face:
0 Likes
shwinerz
Apprentice
Options
Hey Greg, please have a look at the post I made around a week ago and see if it helps. I struggled for ages having to switch the tv off and on at source for months and needed a more effective solution. Keen to know if it helps others
0 Likes
Romik
Journeyman
Options

try to reset the modem or swap it out

in my case it worked 

have u tried to use network cable instead of WiFi? In my case neither worked 

also try to turn off your router and then use cell phone hot spot and try to connect to internet.   If it works it’s your router and if it doesn’t then it’s the tv.  

0 Likes
Annicx
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the prompt reply- I actually tried holding the remote off button down until it reboots or switches on again- it worked fine, but still dropped out so I had to do it again. It's obviously much easier than unplugging behind the TV unit but still shouldn't be necessary. I'll try your fix. Interesting that Samsung claimed to have no knowledge of this issue....

0 Likes
TheShaww
First Poster
Options

I SOLVED my issues... All you have to do is shut off the TV at the power button on the actual TV, then turn it back on with the same button.  Then I went and did a software update and everything seems to be working fine now.  

0 Likes
null0
Apprentice
Options

I did that a bunch of times, and even Samsung provided me a software via USB. After The upgrade worked for a day or two, and then the issue began. Let us know how it goes. The way I solved my problem, is to basically use NVIDEA Shield for all the APPS, never happened again since I made the switch.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Kjb
First Poster
Options

I also could not connect via wifi. Updated firmware via download and USB. Still doe not work. Than I unplugged my new Samsung phone charger which was right next to TV. To my surprise everything is working as it should

0 Likes
GMS-HOU
Journeyman
Options

From the variety solutions to this issue I can only conclude that if the moon is full and the wind is blowing from the south, and you stand on one foot while trying to resolve,  you just may get your so-called ‘smart’ TV to connect to the internet. That’s my best advice! 😂

Greg8491
Explorer
Options

Yep!

Seems like everyone has experienced the same thing... Samsung insists that it’s the router, and the service provider says it’s the TV!

0 Likes