Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 10-06-2019 09:00 PM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
JohnDoughs
Student
Options

I was having the same issue and was completely stomped. So I turned the power off then back on from the TV with my mobile hotspot on and it instantly connected. This is an inconvenience but hopefully THIS helps!

0 Likes
shwinerz
Apprentice
Options

SOLUTION

Guys, I've struggled with this for months. Done everything, resets, all 8888s 8884s etc. I've been unplugging after each use for ages which helped, but now I've had a breakthrough.

Call your internet provider tech support and have them on the phone.

Try to connect on your tv once again, select wireless, and then instead of selecting your internet select WPS and note the pin. Give it to the tech support and they should be able to 'unblock' the tv from your router.

Worked completely for me, hope this helps!

Greg8491
Explorer
Options

Thank you!  Will give it a try.  

Greg

0 Likes
TheShaww
First Poster
Options

I just started having this problem... and I can't get it to connect, no matter what I do.

0 Likes
GMS-HOU
Journeyman
Options

I used WPS as the wireless connection (scroll to bottom of listed available networks). You will be prompted to press button on your network server. Got connection back. Had to do this about 3 times upon turning tv on but it finally 'stuck' ... Hope that works for you too. 

0 Likes
Romik
Journeyman
Options

had the same issue.  Reset router solved the problem.  

0 Likes
JohnDoughs
Student
Options

If you turn the power off then on from the TV itself it should work everytime.

0 Likes
Greg8491
Explorer
Options

Thanks!  That seems to help out.  My other  Samsung TVs hold the connection, but this one never has, and requires the power off / on as you recommended.

0 Likes
Romik
Journeyman
Options

It is strangely a modem or router issue in my case although I would never thought that because all other devices connected just fine to the internet.   Tv didn’t connect via WiFi or cable. Once I tried to turn off WiFi on my phone and use it as a hotspot tv got internet.  So everything was pointing to the problem with the tv but I called isp and then did the reset modem remotely and everything works now.   They are sending a tech to replace the modem or cable because they are seeing some other issues on their end that need some troubleshooting but tv is connected to internet both wirelessly and via Ethernet so that’s good.  

0 Likes
Annicx
Journeyman
Options

Hi- just reading through this thread as my Q965F has suddenly developed the same issue after 6 months of working perfectly. For me, switching off at the socket is borderline impossible as I would have to pull the stand out and crawl under it- not something I want to do daily- nor should I have to! I contacted Samsung and they tried to blame everything except their TV which they insist is fault free after I carried out some tests. I pointed out that everything else- 3 PCs, 3 'phones, 2 ipads and 2 other smart TVs all connect flawlessly. They then suggested that I was overloading the router- until I pointed out that it was 80m fibre, also that it worked perfectly in this set-up for 6 months and that I have turned everything else off and it made no difference. I was told quite pointedly that just because everything else works it doesn't mean their TV will as it uses different software and in fact wi-fi isn't the best way to connect and a cable would be better- again why did it work for 6 months? Next it was possible that the router was too far away. It is 10-12 feet away with no walls. Could I move it closer? Not without re-arranging the house and sitting 2 feet away from the TV....again, why does everything else, (including a 5 year old Sony TV on an upstairs wall), work? They refused to send an engineer out and insisted the TV had no faults. I pointed out that this was their flagship TV from 2018 and I was not simply going to accept this after having paid out £3000- totally unacceptable when you consider that I have family members who have paid less than a tenth of this for TVs that work perfectly. ! My son is a software engineer and he says their explanations are nonsense. I have nw wasted hours that I don't really have spare on the phone to them and their attitiude is appalling- I had been warned that they try to blame everything else and refuse to accept that their products are faulty and sadly this seems to be the case. I will not be 'phoning them again as their is no point, instead I'm going to have to visit the retailer and see what they have to say, although any suggestions/solutions would be much appreciated.  A shame as it's a stunning TV.