Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

(Topic created on: 18-07-2017 11:18 AM)
lofty29
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

210 REPLIES 210
BenX
Student
Options

The recent update does NOT restore YouTube, it finalizes YouTube's deletion.

0 Likes
Babydoll
Journeyman
Options

As with everyine else I'm disheartened that youtube no longer works on my pn64e8000gfxza model.

I was able to watch youtube by installing TV Cast. There's no option for HD streams but I did find a way to get HD streams to work. There's a site called savefrom.net which is designed to allow us to save youtube vids, however we just want the direct link for the HD stream so if you paste the youtube video link at savefrom.net, it'll give you an option to save the HD video. Instead of saving we'll just press and hold onto the link and copy the link address. Then inside TV cast, click the pencil icon to paste a url link. Paste the link and then cast it. 

It requires a bit more effort but it beats watching in 480p

0 Likes
oceanicmanta
Explorer
Options

hi Babydoll

Can you pls elaborate the steps using savefrom.net ?

Do u have to first download the app on phone ? etc

Many thanks

0 Likes
Babydoll
Journeyman
Options

Sure. First make sure Tv cast is installed both on your samsung smart tv and on your phone. 

Then next you have to get the youtube link for the video. The way I do it is by using the youtube app on my samsung galaxy s4 phone, when I find a video I want to play, next to the like and dislike rating there's a little arrow icon, I click that and then click Copy Link.

For instance: https://youtu.be/zd4TSEGctHs

Now that I have the link, I open Chrome Browser on my phone, and goto savefrom.net and where it says Enter the url, paste the youtube link there and click the button on the right to submit.

Now below it you'll see a green button that says Download Mp4 720p. Long press the download button and then click "copy link address".

Now go to Tv Cast on your phone, if everything is connected properly, click the pencil icon and paste the link. Then once you submit it you can cast it.

It works but there is some drawbacks. It appears that there's no seeking. So you cant fast forward or rewind. If I find a way around that I'll let you know. 

I'm just glad to know there's something at least, if this is possible I dont see how its outside the realm of possibility for samsung to find a workaround. Or maybe theres some other similar apps that have better functionality. 

Also another site similar to savefrom is keepvid.com so if savefrom dont work on some videos I'll try keepvid. 

Babydoll
Journeyman
Options

Sure. First make sure Tv cast is installed both on your samsung smart tv and on your phone. 

Then next you have to get the youtube link for the video. The way I do it is by using the youtube app on my samsung galaxy s4 phone, when I find a video I want to play, next to the like and dislike rating there's a little arrow icon, I click that and then click Copy Link.

For instance: https://youtu.be/zd4TSEGctHs

Now that I have the link, I open Chrome Browser on my phone, and goto savefrom.net and where it says Enter the url, paste the youtube link there and click the button on the right to submit.

Now below it you'll see a green button that says Download Mp4 720p. Long press the download button and then click "copy link address".

Now go to Tv Cast on your phone, if everything is connected properly, click the pencil icon and paste the link. Then once you submit it you can cast it.

It works but there is some drawbacks. It appears that there's no seeking. So you cant fast forward or rewind. If I find a way around that I'll let you know. 

I'm just glad to know there's something at least, if this is possible I dont see how its outside the realm of possibility for samsung to find a workaround. Or maybe theres some other similar apps that have better functionality. 

Also another site similar to savefrom is keepvid.com so if savefrom dont work on some videos I'll try keepvid. 

-----

Strange was my post deleted earlier?

balyoz41
First Poster
Options

I bought a garbage . Samsung give back my money😡😡😡. God bless LG

0 Likes
Babydoll
Journeyman
Options

I've discovered a way to cast 1080p videos. As some of you may notice, 720p is the default for sites such as savefrom and keepvid. They have a option for 1080p but its for video only without sound.

The reason why that is is because for 1080p and above videos youtube split the video and audio tracks separately. Maybe they're going to add a option for multi-audio track options later I dont know. 

Anyway that causes problems because savefrom and keepvid merely grabs the direct links from youtube's hosted servers. In order to get 1080 streaming properly, we'll need to find a site that merge and combine the video+auduo tracks and host it.

I was only able to find one site that does this and surprisingly the conversion process is very fast.

So for those who want to cast in 1080, heres the site I found:

http://www.converto.io

Simply paste the youtube link at the site,  then where it says convert to, change it to mp4.

Then to change the quality, click the settings icon and change it to 1080. then click convert and then it'll produce a link to download the mp4. Just long press and copy the url address and paste it in TV cast.

No quality is lost because it isnt actually re-enconding rather its just muxing (multiplexing) the video+audio track together. 

And it appears that we can seek with TV cast. We just need to use the fast foward and rewind buttons on our samsung remote. We can also use the pause and stop buttons too.

Now I just need to figure out how to play live HD streams. Playing live streams is possible by pasting the youtube url in TV cast, its just that it wont be HD

0 Likes
Babydoll
Journeyman
Options

I figured out how to cast Youtube Live streams in HD quality. It's a bit technical and may seem daunting to some but If anyone is interested, I'll try to write a guide later

Dfly
First Poster
Options

Want my YouTube back, but  have no idea how to "get out of Smart mode". 

0 Likes
CyberKid
First Poster
Options

I have a 65JS9000TXXU, 1 year old. I did not know why I have to unplug my TV every time when I want to use the youtube.... until now! One of the high end Samsung TVs.... I am so disappointing!

Dear Samsung,

I advertise my TV ASAP and swop it different manufacturer, never again Samsung!

Good luck for this brainless decision! Long live Youtube!