Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

(Topic created on: 09/07/17 17:02)
lofty29
Apprentice
Options
TV

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options
TV

Hey everyone! 

We just wanted to clarify that the decision is made with the app provider to no longer provide support to our TV's. We've done some digging around, and there are multiple devices this has affected.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6098135?hl=en-GB

There are options to screen mirror and cast from other devices to your TV's, which we would welcome the Community to discuss and share tips. 

Ryan 

View solution in context

Solution
AntS
Options
TV

Hi all,

As I said I would a few weeks ago, to update you on the review on Oldtube’s app:

The final decision on it is we’re afraid we’re unable recommend or endorse an app that has not been officially added to the Smart Hub.

However, we would like to say that we very much appreciate the effort made in this instance, and do encourage you guys to continue to discuss workable alternatives to view YouTube content on your older TVs.

Furthermore, just to add, this YouTube issue affects multiple devices across multiple brands for the exact same reasons – and with much the same response industry-wide. I’d like very much to keep this thread open so peeps can share more ideas, help and experiences with workarounds though.

View solution in context

210 REPLIES 210
Rollingcabbage
First Poster
Options
TV

thanks. in the same boat.  i wonder if their smart view app would work?

0 Likes
dward
Observer
Options
TV

This is irritating as hell. I spent nearly 800 bucks on a television and a few years later, I can't use my most used app?

C'mon Samsung... get your ***** together and FIX THIS.

LMar
First Poster
Options
TV
This needs to be fixed asap. The reason I bought this tv was for the YouTube feature. Lawsuits are brewing. Come on Samsung, do the right thing!
Juke
Options
TV

Shame on you Samsung that you don't support YouTube any more. Now the smart TV is useless . Dispicable

lofty29
Apprentice
Options
TV

It also happened to my Sony blueray player.

No more expensive not so smart gadgets for me. From now on its as cheap as possible and stick on a fire stick or similar. At least if that gets dated you can change it for a few quid.

0 Likes
Lipi
First Poster
Options
TV

0 Likes
BobB
Observer
Options
TV

Is there any way to download a YouTube app for my Sam. Smart TV?

0 Likes
Brent-p
Options
TV

We have 3 samsung smart tvs 2 of which no longer support YouTube. 

This is very frustrating as YouTube is or was the only app we used. What the hell is this about??? Is there going to be an update for the tvs so we can use YouTube again? If not we will no longer be buying samsung products. We have 4 samsung mobile devices a washing machine and dryer a fridge 3 tvs and a stereo.  Are you they going to make these so we can't use them also? Gutted!

keremthehunter
Options
TV

For a tv to be a smart tv there are two important apps. The first is the SKYPE and the second app is the YOUTUBE. At the begining i had both apps, but then first SKYPE last year then last month YOUTUBE were shut down. No need to keep this tv in my house i will go and use my old tube tv.. what am i gonna do with this tv? All day i will look at weather forecast site? No thanks... i am very regretful to buy this tv and paid a lot of money...... 

0 Likes
BenX
First Poster
Options
TV

The recent update does NOT restore YouTube, it finalizes YouTube's deletion.

0 Likes
CyberKid
Options
TV

I have a 65JS9000TXXU, 1 year old. I did not know why I have to unplug my TV every time when I want to use the youtube.... until now! One of the high end Samsung TVs.... I am so disappointing!

Dear Samsung,

I advertise my TV ASAP and swop it different manufacturer, never again Samsung!

Good luck for this brainless decision! Long live Youtube!

Wuts4play
First Poster
Options
TV

I'm not happy about not being able to see YouTube anymore . I tried to do an update on my tv  but  I couldn't find anything on my menu that said update . What can I do know ?

oceanicmanta
Explorer
Options
TV

Samsung is not and will not do anything to fix it.

Spread the word: DON'T EVER BUY SAMSUNG.

Refer friends to this thread.  Keep Posting.

Check out Oldtube's thread's on alternate fix.

oceanicmanta
Explorer
Options
TV
@Wuts4play
Samsung is not and will not do anything to fix it.
Spread the word: DON'T EVER BUY SAMSUNG.
Refer friends to this thread. Keep Posting.
Check out Oldtube's thread's on alternate fix.
oldtube
Explorer
Options
TV

To his is OUTRAGEOUS:

Not only SAMSUNG DOES NOTHING TO HELP WITH THE PROBLEM, THEY ALSO REMOVE MY POSTS!

So they have the money to pay people to do nothing better than moderate here but they don't invest in their customers... nice...

This is the message that just arrived to me

Hello oldtube,

You have received a private message in the Samsung Community community.

Subject: Re: Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY? 
Date: 21-07-2017 03:17 PM 

Hi Oldtube. :smileyhappy:

As it contained a very much unauthorised solution we've removed your relevant posts and the replies to it from the above thread.

We appreciate the sentiment from you here, though, and would very much like you to still contribute to the Community.

If you do have any further questions, or if I can help you in way, then please don't hesitate to ask (either me or any of the other Moderators and Community Managers).

Ant

Pleas go and :smileyhappy: someone else.

AntS
Options
TV

Hi all. As per my message to Oldtube (and several others), I've removed the unauthorised solution Oldtube proposed, as it may harm a TV's wider operation.

0 Likes
oceanicmanta
Explorer
Options
TV

RIDICULOUS

Whether it harms my TV is my call !!

What a low low

Nothing fails to surprise me anymore

SAMSUNG IS C***  !!!

0 Likes
Dada5000
Explorer
Options
TV

Then do something better!

oldtube
Explorer
Options
TV
Exactly how it could harm the TV? It is perfectly valid, and documented and publicly released by Samsung itself how to develop and install an app yourself. http://developer.samsung.com/tv/develop/legacy-platform-library/art00013/index
rperlberg
Apprentice
Options
TV

@AntS wrote:

Hi all. As per my message to Oldtube (and several others), I've removed the unauthorised solution Oldtube proposed, as it may harm a TV's wider operation.

Removing the Youtube app harms the TV's operation!

0 Likes
oldtube
Explorer
Options
TV
@AntS seriously, there is nothing "unauthorized" here. Using the TV in dev mode and install your own app is a PERFECTLY VALID USE CASE DUDE!
0 Likes