Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung smart tv displaying white screen in external hard drive

(Topic created on: 14-01-2020 02:16 PM)
Goosen61
Student
Options

Ive been watching movies for more than a year on my tv with the same external  hard drive. Last night also watched a movie, today i switch it on, tv reads the hard drive, i click on the icon to open hard drive then it doesnt display any content nor gives an error just a white screen. Its never given this problem before. Ive ttied all usb ports still juet white screen, putting the hard drive in my xbox then it works. What could be the cause?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
John_John
Explorer
Options

It is the firmware update for December.

The temporary fix is to unplug TV and wait a minute then plug it back in.

Problem is if you shut it down again you will get the same error back all this people with thier 'fixes' will realize this soon enough.

We been experiencing this and talking about this since this past Xmas over here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Samsung-tv-stopped-reading-usb-drives/m-p/787736#M20284

So write an email to your local samsung support, link them to the forum topics and wait for thier sofwtware update to hopefully fix what they have broken.

0 Likes
Sunjith
First Poster
Options

Hi all

I have read everyone's suggestions and methods to fix the issue of a white s ten when trying to play a USB device. I have tried to reset my tv to factory settings and have been through the whole process at least 5 times now over 3 days but it still refuses to read the usb devices. Please can someone be kind enough to tell me what else I could try because I am desperately needing a fix

0 Likes
Jinsoo
First Poster
Options

Factory reset didn't work for me... Btw, it doesn't work pretty much every external device that I have: External HDD, External USB, and NAS.

Tmoney_4_real
Student
Options

i just found a solution. i went to SETTINGS, SUPPORT, SELF Diagnosis and i RESET SMART HUB..

now the next thing was i did not LOGIN into my samsung account and it worked for. now i can view all content on my hdd as before.

ihamiiid
First Poster
Options

Thanks, it worked for me very well.

BrittneyGD
First Poster
Options

Thank you! This worked for me after the factory reset didn't.

grilledchez
Apprentice
Options

I tried factory resetting, resetting the Smart Hub, and unplugging for several hours. None of those methods worked. (I also tried to download old firmware and manually update but I was not able to roll back to the previous firmware.)

0 Likes
Tmoney_4_real
Student
Options

I don't know how u doing it but the last bit I mentioned was not to login into your Samsung account. If u did and it's still not working then I think you need the customer care help. 

0 Likes
grilledchez
Apprentice
Options

@Tmoney_4_real — Thank you. Resetting the Smart Hub and not logging in does allow me to access files from my USB drive (at least for now). This is a bit frustrating still because I can't log in to download apps. However, it does seem to be a temporary workaround for accessing files on a USB drive.

0 Likes