Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV Airplay function not working

(Topic created on: 20-05-2019 03:02 PM)
hud123
Student
Options

I have just gotten a new update on my samsung tv 2018 version, there is additional menu "Airplay settings", however although its "on", my mac doest detect the airplay display. Both mac and tv are on the same WIFI as I can use chromecast.

I have tried to plug off the tv and turn on again, still the same, I am on update 1251.

TV Model : UA49NU7100

Any idea?

Go to solution
109 REPLIES 109
Tridgida
Explorer
Options
He shouldn't have been disrespectful. I have my opinion. It's fine to disagree. Don't disrespect. BTW, Samsung has yet to address the problem. Zero response. That speaks volumes about their concern over many of the customer's concerns over an issue of the tv’s not working properly or as advertised.
0 Likes
Lulu86
First Poster
Options

Hi the only way i fixed this after it working fine the first time was connecting a hard wire (Ethernet cable) to my TV from the router.  Not the best fix but luckily I have them right next to each other so was not a problem.  My internet tends to be a little spotty sometimes and I am thinking that is way.  Perhaps if you do not have the option getting something to boost the internet in that particular area can help.  Good luck to the rest of you. Hope it helps some.  

0 Likes
Tridgida
Explorer
Options

I'm glad it worked out. I tried that. no luck.  The cable guy was here for something else and he tried for over an hour. No luck. Live and learn. Thank you and all the best. Stay safe.

0 Likes
ashrafnormin
First Poster
Options
My tv had just updated it's firmware to 1356 but the airplay still won't connect.
0 Likes
Airplay22
Apprentice
Options
I have an AU49RU7300KXWT tv, and the software firmware is 1356 but the same as you...
I can't even see Airplay Settings in Settings-General.
0 Likes
Megagabe
Journeyman
Options

Just a few things to consider. 

1. I bought my nu8000 6months after release. And my airplay still wasn't perfect. But Samsung was relatively quick to fix it. My tv has now seen two updates since it was fixed and still have zero issues using airplay. so my suggestion is to be patient with updates. 

2. after you update the tv do a factory reset. Doing this will restore all settings to factory and should help the tv fully implement the update. 

3. Make sure your router supports WiFi ac 2.4 & 5ghz frequencies. Also make sure you DO NOT have WIFI EXTENDERS. WiFi extenders create a secondary network COMPLETELY SEPERATE from the main router. And devices on these networks will not be able to all with those on the main network.  It's important that any and all decivces you want to use airplay connect to the EXACT SAME NETWORK. 

4. understand that this is considered airplay2. Make sure your Apple devices are 1 fully up to date. And 2 compatible with airplay2. 

5. and lastly there are settings that must be set in the airplay settings area. IF AIRPLAY SETTINGS ARE GRAYED OUT THEY ARE NOT CURRENTLY USEABLE. could be a software glitch or Samsung may require another tv update.  IF AIRPLAY SETTINGS ARE NOT IN YOUR SSTTUNG MENU THEN YOU DO NOT HAVE AIRPLAY CAPABILITIES. please make sure Samsung state that you tv is airplay compatible. This information is found on Samsung's product information page. 

And lastly. It took me a good hour of unplugging my tv. Factory resetting  my tv. Making sure my airplay was setup correctly in the settings and making sure my router was setup correctly to handle all this. 

granted most of the problems are due to Samsung's terrible product launch quality. And most features are not fully accessible and useable out of the box. But you must also do your due diligence and make sure the products your trying to use together are actually compatible. 

this article on apples website very clearly outlines devices capable of using airplay 2. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICES ARE UP TO DATE AND USING CURRENT OS AND APPLICATIONS. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208728#airplay2

if you verify that your device is airplay 2 compatible and up to date and the only issue is the tv. Then you must call Samsung and ask for support. 
most technicians won't release information on future software updates for your tv. But if you get a good technician they will at least give you a reasonable time line. 

be warned. Right now during the pandemic phone assistance could take you 30-60 min just to get someone on the phone. So be ready for long wait times. 

0 Likes
Matt1984
First Poster
Options

Hi

my Samsung Tv can't seem to be picked up when I press screen mirroring from the IPhone screen.My son has a series 7 Samsung tv and this can be picked up instantly.My tv model is UE50JU6800K.

i have tried to download the smart view app and pair this that way but the search cannot be completed.It just keeps saying unable to pair.

I have also looked online and found a few YouTube videos and this showed me to download the smart remote app.This tries to charge me £19.99!

i can however watch YouTube videos on the tv wirelessly from my phone using the air play icon.I have cancelled my internet connection from both my phone and tv and re in putted the password as I read online to do.Still no luck can somebody help me?

thanks Matt

0 Likes
Kneth
Explorer
Options

Annotation 2020-04-13 125141.jpg

Is this TV compatible with AirPlay? How can I mirror my iPhone on to this TV. Thank you.

0 Likes
Tridgida
Explorer
Options

It claims to be. The whole reason I started the thread is because I can't get it to work correctly. There will be those that can. I have done all that those here on this thread have suggested, if possible, with zero results. I hope it works out for you. I'm buying LG next time. My first and last Samsung purchase. Good luck. 

0 Likes
Megagabe
Journeyman
Options
Couldn’t tell you that tv is from the Asian market per the model number you gave. All the documentation I’ve seen is in Korean / Chinese