Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV Airplay function not working

(Topic created on: 28-11-2020 04:35 PM)
hud123
Student
Options

I have just gotten a new update on my samsung tv 2018 version, there is additional menu "Airplay settings", however although its "on", my mac doest detect the airplay display. Both mac and tv are on the same WIFI as I can use chromecast.

I have tried to plug off the tv and turn on again, still the same, I am on update 1251.

TV Model : UA49NU7100

Any idea?

109 REPLIES 109
smitfits
Student
Options

I know I'm late into this one but put screen mirroring in your drop down iOS Control Center. My iPad and Q65 kept air playing through Bluetooth alowing me to hear what I wanted to see. Mirroring is really what you want and easily excessivable on iOS.  

0 Likes
Cool_Kaylee
First Poster
Options

Samsung Smart TV AirPlay function not working because of AirPlay 2 on Samsung TV not working?

0 Likes
FLMike
First Poster
Options

For me, enable IP Remote, under Settings, Network Settings, Expert Settings.

Fr05tq
First Poster
Options

Tried this on my setup. Worked instantly 100%. Thank you so much for sharing your solution. Hope this helps some desperate people on here looking for answers.

0 Likes
Pinny
Student
Options

I don’t have Expert Settings on mine

0 Likes
Svetoslav1993
First Poster
Options
Hi, I haven't been able to connect my phone to the TV for a while (since the last update).
When he searches through Screen Mirroring, he doesn't find my TV, and when I decide to share a video from youtube, he also can't find my TV.
They are in the same Wifi network and Bluetooth is turned on.Where is the problem?
0 Likes
smitfits
Student
Options

Did you get it figured out? Which phone, operating system version and TV? If you have an earlier iOS it might not have Apple Air Play 2. I’m not sure you need to be on the same WiF since it’s mirroring your phone through Bluetooth. Definitely check phone settings/general/AirPlay set to Automatic. I would also down load SmartThings app on your phone if you haven’t. As soon as you start the app it will ask you to allow new Bluetooth connections. Get the iTunes app and Apple TV on your tv and start both apps then log in to your Apple ID. It might not help but worth a try. My tv has Apple Play in 2 places in the Connection Guide.   One Connection Guide/Smart Phone/Air Play and also  Connection Guide/ PC connection/ Air Play. If you are able to get it hooked in let me know how I’m always curious. Currently I’m having problems hooking my Samsung Washer and Dryer into Smart Things.. It’s always something 

0 Likes
Fors
First Poster
Options

I can't explain how does it work but reality is:
- I can mirror my display to my Samsung Smart TV thru Airplay

- I can't stream to same Samsung Smart TV thru Airplay

- Tried stream and mirror to Apple TV that connected to other TV - was fine

I have no idea why it's possible and how to solve that kind of issue. 

0 Likes
AdamP
First Poster
Options

I found a really easy fix for Macs.

SETTINGS - GENERAL - APPLE AIR PLAY SETTTINGS

Require Code "First Time Only", and if that doesn't work, "Reset Paired Devices", and try again.

0 Likes
CescoAiel
Student
Options

I have TheFrame (2020) with Airplay 2, an iPhone, an iPad and a MacBook Pro... The first two see the TV and offer it as a mirror option... The MacBook Pro DOES see the iPad as a possible display, but NOT the TV...

I tried all the suggestions in this thread, but no luck!

0 Likes