Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV Airplay function not working

(Topic created on: 05-04-2020 09:25 AM)
hud123
Student
Options

I have just gotten a new update on my samsung tv 2018 version, there is additional menu "Airplay settings", however although its "on", my mac doest detect the airplay display. Both mac and tv are on the same WIFI as I can use chromecast.

I have tried to plug off the tv and turn on again, still the same, I am on update 1251.

TV Model : UA49NU7100

Any idea?

109 REPLIES 109
graham025
First Poster
Options

none of the solutions are working for me. cannot airplay, my phone works no problem

0 Likes
ofg
First Poster
Options

Try to use ITunes on your Mac to cast, what error are you getting?

0 Likes
Tridgida
Explorer
Options

Very little content goes through iTunes that I watch. It's not the computer. It's not the phone. It's the tv. Samsung has not addressed it. That is on them.

Tridgida
Explorer
Options
It's the tv. Buy LG. Return tv if you can.
ofg
First Poster
Options

The question is for debugging purposes.

0 Likes
Tridgida
Explorer
Options
I'm the one who started the thread. It's the tv. Samsung doesn't work well with any Apple product I own. No problems EVER with LG's. Replaced 6 yr old LG with Samsung on Xmas sale at Costco. Never again. BTW, I know why you said it.
ofg
First Poster
Options
It works for me on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, and I'm trying to help others debug and solve as well.
Nobody cares about you, your whining, or your snarky comments. You are not helping.
0 Likes
Tridgida
Explorer
Options

How about this: ***** off. You are welcome.e everyone. It's us, not the tv. You don't like me commenting on my thread, start your own.

0 Likes
CWGuser
Journeyman
Options

These Samsung's are garbage. I bought 8 of them, sent them all back and got LG's with AirPlay and have very few problems. I don't think the tech is perfect yet for any smartTV, but it's certainly bad in the Samsung...which makes sense with the beef that Samsung and Apple have if you think about it. What i learned, through a very expensive and robust return process, is that Samsung is not for hard core Apple users. Perhaps no TV maker is, but LG is certainly the best option out there and honestly, for less cost. Return the Samsung over-priced garbage and get LG's (7300 series) and you'll be A-OK. 

CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey, things escalated quickly here! Feel free to share your point of view and experience about Samsung, however, make sure to maintain a positive, respectful and constructive behaviour at all times and to not offend each others. If you need further tips on this, please check the Community Guidelines.