Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV Airplay function not working

(Topic created on: 22-01-2020 12:17 AM)
hud123
Student
Options

I have just gotten a new update on my samsung tv 2018 version, there is additional menu "Airplay settings", however although its "on", my mac doest detect the airplay display. Both mac and tv are on the same WIFI as I can use chromecast.

I have tried to plug off the tv and turn on again, still the same, I am on update 1251.

TV Model : UA49NU7100

Any idea?

109 REPLIES 109
Tridgida
Explorer
Options
It was E50x-E1. I would imagine the whole lineup is good. Do you belong to Costco?
0 Likes
CWGuser
Journeyman
Options

Yep, that's where I bought these 9 new Samsung's. Can't seem to find much on the models they have supporting Airplay 2. Any more info you can send would be great!  Or a link would be even better...

0 Likes
samlover
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I'm new here but having somewhat similar problem with my new Sam TV connecting to youtube using Airplay\BT with Code. When playing video file from youtube using Airplay\BT the Queue option is not available but it's available on my older Sam TV... would highly appricated for any help...thx

0 Likes
CWGuser
Journeyman
Options

Really hate to tell you this...but these Samsung QLED's are overpriced and under-engineered. I took the other guy's advice and bought the LG's from Costco and Airplay works seamlessly. AND THEY ARE HALF THE PRICE.  Now I'm in the process of returning the other 8, yes 8!  that I bought. 8 new LG's coming in hot.  Samsung lost my loyalty on this one...  link to the LG that works with AirPlay: https://www.costco.com/lg-75-class---8-series---4k-uhd-led-lcd-tv.product.100509541.html

0 Likes
MahdiyyaHadjee
First Poster
Options

Hi. I have an iPhone X which is updated to iOS 13 and a 2019 Samsung Series Five smart TV. However my iPhone doesn't pick up my tv in its airplay settings. The WiFi connection is the same and Bluetooth is on. On the general setting bar of my tv, there also isn't the Apple airplay option, however under connection guide screen sharing option is there. Is there anyway to fix my problem 

0 Likes
pinewomble
First Poster
Options

Was my VPN after all...

0 Likes
Tridgida
Explorer
Options

I have no VPN. So, that not what's causing my iPhone and iMac from connectivity issue with the tv. The tv just isn't an LG. I'll remember this when buying another. 
#neversamsung

0 Likes
Soneji777
First Poster
Options

Hi ,

i have samsung tv q60 qled tv. I am connecting my iphone to tv via mirror screen and its connecting fine but as soon as i do full screen its not working n it showing round n round . Can you please advice what i need to do?

thanks

0 Likes
Tridgida
Explorer
Options

Samsung has the issue. They haven't replied to any of us about this situation. Buy an LG next time, I know I am. Bedroom tv is being replaced after 5 years with another LG. That tv(still working fine) is going down cellar to replace an older LG. Costco sale at Xmas sucked me in. Never again.

0 Likes