Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart Remote voice command not working

(Topic created on: 02-09-2018 03:54 PM)
GdotC
First Poster
Options

Hi all, 

Searched through a number of forums but still have not found a solution. I have an MU8000 and the voice command is not working on the Samsung smart remote. I have the TV hard wired to my internet, so there shouldn't be an issue with that.

I checked for updates, and it's up to date (version 1240). 

When I press the mic on the remote, I'm prompted to say a command, I say a simple command such as settings or Netflix and I get " " and below that it says for help with voice commands, just say ....

Any idea what this could be?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
7alhoul
Navigator
Options

Hi @GdotC,

you can start by unplugging electrically for two minutes, otherwise you can do a smart hub reset.

Vicdal
Student
Options

Did you ever figure out what was the problem ? I'm having the same issue , same TV model.

0 Likes
Dhartwig76
First Poster
Options

Just noticed in the past few days my exact same TV is also giving me the.  "         "

Has anyone found a resolution. All troubleshooting has been done. Support said they would create a ticket and try again in 24-48 hours. I'm thinking it still wont work.

0 Likes
Vicdal
Student
Options
My TV remote voice command is working now. I don't even know how it happened. The only different thing I did since I had this issue was that I upgraded my WiFi router. I had a Netgear N600 wireless dual band router WNDR3400 and I upgraded it to a Tp-link ax3000. The main reason I bought the new router was because my devices were getting disconnected from WiFi signal too often, it resolved the issue of being disconnecting from WiFi signal with this new router.
I didn't notice that my TV was also getting the voice command after a week later.
So , if you think you need to upgrade your WiFi router, maybe that's the reason your remote voice command stopped working.
0 Likes
Dhartwig76
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the update, I'll definitely take a look into that. Appreciate your quick response.

0 Likes
Vicdal
Student
Options

No problem and good luck. Let us know if it resolved the problem.

0 Likes