Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart remote NOT smart at all! and no gap wall mount with a gap

(Topic created on: 21-09-2020 04:30 PM)
1975jas
First Poster
Options

Hi all

I recently bought a Samsung Frame 2020 (65") tv - having only ever purchased Panasonic or LG this was a change for me.

Firstly, what appealed was the no gap wall mount when combined with the 'picture' feature of the frame; however, no matter how hard I try (without of course pushing on the screen itself) there is still a slight lean forward on it creating a gap at the top rear of around an inch - anyone got any tricks/tips to eliminate the gap?

On to the remote - concept excellent, execution, awful. The one connect box and invisible cable was the real selling point to me - neatly hang the tv on the wall and hide all the kit to go with it. On set up it seemed a breeze when I powered up my SkyQ box then my BT Ultimate set top box and finally my Blu Ray player the tv picked each of them up and guided me through a set up so all SHOULD work via the one 'smart remote'.

Having reset around 10 times now it simply does not work - occasionally post set up I can change channel up and down on SkyQ and use the numbers, but a few hours later after being switched off it stops working - the tv guide, recordings and on/off never work - and rarely work on BT either.

The Blu Ray player however seems to work fine - I find this bizarre given there must be thousands of variations of Blu Ray players for Samsung to program in to their software but limited SkyQ and BT boxes, which have a mass following so why oh why do these fail consistently - in todays technology surely things like this should work without issue.

As I say, I have tried a reset a number of times but no joy - if anyone has a solution I would be so so grateful as 48 hours of ownership has driven me mad & I am starting to regret migrating to Samsung.

One final thing - uploading images to the Art part of the tv seems to only work when tv on wireless network and fails on wired network - strange!

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ooo0ooo1ooo463442
First Poster
Options
just turn it off and on
0 Likes
1975jas
First Poster
Options

How do you mean? the tv has been turned off and on several times since installation on Friday - is the remote known to work seamlessly with Sky Q - tv guide, changing channels, catch up and record menus.....

0 Likes