Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart led tv has a purple patch

(Topic created on: 22-10-2017 11:59 AM)
Vickip
Student
Options

I have a smart led tv Model No is UE48H6400, we have noticed this morning that there is a purple patch on the bottom right hand side. The tv is out of warranty, but I wondered if anyone else had the same problem and if they fixed it? We have run the tests and it shows up in all 3. Thanks 

151 REPLIES 151
aretzios
Navigator
Options

It will not help, but you can certainly try.  A number of panels seem to be failing after 2 - 3 years of use.  Samsung  does not plan to acknowledge it or offer some compensation.  A few complaints in a web site is nothing that they sweat over about.

0 Likes
Mickyboy
Apprentice
Options

I too had a Samsung tv with 3 purple patches on the screen after owning it for 3 years.  I had taken out an extended warranty with Currys knowhow, and contacted them to collect to have a look at.  After 4 days it said on the Knowhow website that it had been repaired and would be delivered back to me the following day.  After reading most of the forums on this topic, I thought that this was a mistake so I gave them a ring to ask what they had done.  They told me that they had put a new screen in (not panel) and updated the software. Anyway the tv arrived the following day 28/02/18, and to my surprise it was perfect, so I don't know if this is the fix to the purple patch syndrome!

aretzios
Navigator
Options

Mickyboy,

Thanks for your contribution.  Screen and panel in this case are interchangable.  The panel is the screen and vice versa.  Basically, you got a new TV, which is great for you. 

Eventually, I will replace my Samsung TV with something else.  It would not be  a Samsung,this is for sure!!! 

0 Likes
Ungruntled
Explorer
Options

I was going to say the same thing... The screen is the panel. Also as far as I can see I'm on the latest firmware so updating won't do much. Come back in 3 years and tell us if it goes again! Meanwhile I'm saving up for a Panasonic 4K 3D TV, they seem to be one of the few left that are bothering with 3D so they can have my money...   Never going for Samsung again; they're unreliable. 

0 Likes
Mickyboy
Apprentice
Options

I asked them at Knowhow if it was the panel that they changed but they said no it was just the screen?

0 Likes
Ronbloke
First Poster
Options

My Samsung UE48H6400 has just developed a purple patch near the bottom left of the screen after 3 years. I really liked the TV until now but seeing as Samsung don't seem to be taking their quality problems seriously I will now buy a Sony and tell everyone what I think of Samsung for a long time to come.

0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

I am not sure that Samsung is not taking these complaints seriously.  Probably they are.  They are not ready to do anything about it for the fear of an avalanche of complaints.  At this point, they believe that the problem is contained to a few sites and that there is no general awareness of their issues.  Samsung always takes a hard stand.  For example, see their response for their Galaxy Note 7 problem.  Only when this problem became a public nightmare for them, they responded and even in that case, they did not give any money back.  They provided cheaper alternative phones or good discounts on the successor phone, and that was all.  So, if anybody expects Samsung here to come back and replace their TV, they are dreaming!!  It won't happen, even if the company admits the problem. 

0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

I am sure that we have an issue of terminology.  There is no screen beyond the panel

0 Likes
Ronbloke
First Poster
Options
I will switch to a manufacturer which to my knowledge has fewer issues with quality. It's hard to know which manufactures are best though. I wonder if there is a comparison site somewhere to help?
0 Likes
Ronbloke
First Poster
Options

Who's expecting Samsung to replace their TV? I'm not dreaming about that!! I'm expecting to buy another brand (are Sony better?) and never buy Samsung again.

0 Likes