Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart led tv has a purple patch

(Topic created on: 22-10-2017 11:59 AM)
Vickip
Student
Options

I have a smart led tv Model No is UE48H6400, we have noticed this morning that there is a purple patch on the bottom right hand side. The tv is out of warranty, but I wondered if anyone else had the same problem and if they fixed it? We have run the tests and it shows up in all 3. Thanks 

151 REPLIES 151
Wangel
Journeyman
Options

So I purchased a 2 year extended warranty. So do I have a total of 3 years warranty now??

0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

Yes, you do.  This is how this works.  Considering that panels that I have had failed 3.5 -4 years after purchase, I wonder if a 3-year warrantee is enough

0 Likes
Wangel
Journeyman
Options
Yeah. 2-1/2 years and I have the top left side of my screen purple.
0 Likes
Louise74
First Poster
Options

Im an disgusted with samsung reading all these posts, i use samsung phones and tablets etc and decided to treat us to a 55" curved tv 3 yrs ago also and a purple spot has appeared on my tv, i probably paud over the odds for mine as i got it through brighthouse, i am mortified that the amount of money ive paid for this tv for it only to last 3 years, i will totally avoid samsung products in future for sure and also word of mouth to family and friends and social media never to buy a samsung tv, for a company that big washing their hands of it is a disgusting way to treat loyal customers 😳

0 Likes
Poisonivy
Explorer
Options
I started with one, now there's three, I need a new TV but my problem is I only have space for a 32" tv and so far I can't find one with good reviews.
0 Likes
ex-customer
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have 4 years old 55'' panel from Samsung - already 2 years watching purple patches. I'm checking this topic around the internet for almost one year and it is sad to see how many users thought they bought a premium brand product and now they are just watching purple patches without any solution from Samsung. This company just tries to stay quiet about this and act like this is not a HUGE WORLDWIDE DEFECT IN MANIFACTURING. If all users around the world could connect it would be so many users that Samsung would have to admit it is their fault and repair it for free. It is funny like they reply on Twitter like "Oh wow, really strange, please contact our service department" - LOL. You know very well about this problem, Samsung. They shoud have admit it is manufacturing defect and repair all these panels for free, but it would propably cost too much. Anyway, this is how they treats their customers. I will never buy anything from Samsung again and I would suggest the same too all my friends. Shame on you Samsung. Never again. 

aretzios
Navigator
Options

Shaming Samsung does not work, buddy!!  The company has obviously not been hurt by this problem.  Thus, it does not really care if it loses you as a customer.  There are many others.  Thus, if you do not have an extended warranty, you are out of luck and you would have to either live with your TV as is or just buy a a new one.  I am past being angry at this stage!!

0 Likes
Ungruntled
Explorer
Options

Pathetic. At least by discussing it here, others will know they're not alone.

By spreading the word, Samsung will lose at least a few sales, and the more that happens, the better for the consumers as it may help dissuade companies releasing faulty goods.

Or, bend over and take it and do nothing, like they want you to.

0 Likes
gebersole
First Poster
Options

Frankly, I really liked my Samsung UN55KU6300. I have owned it for 4.5 years and it has served me well. The smart UI is easy enough, though software updates seem to have slowed it down over the years. The remote is a monument to simple, minimalistic design that I miss every time I have to use another TV remote. The price was good and the feature set more than adequate.

Unfortunately, it has the Samsung purple spot problem. Given the relatively young age of this TV (especially compared to previous Samsungs I owned) I must rate this TV poorly. Since Samsung seems to be denying that this issue exists, I may never buy a Samsung again. It's very disappointing.

0 Likes
ArnieUK
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE50J6285 Smart TV which has developed the purple patch problem.  Fortunately, living in Norway, I have stronger guarantee cover. You have 2 or 5 years to make a complaint if you purchased from a professional vendor. The statutory warranty period depends on how long the product is meant to last when subjected to normal use. TVs and mobile phones are examples of products with a 5-year warranty period. The TV in question has two months left of its 5-year warranty. From pictures of the screen sent to them, Samsung have ordered spare parts and organised a technician to come out and fix it. This would indicate some knowledge of an existing problem. I will update after the technician visits.

0 Likes