Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart led tv has a purple patch

(Topic created on: 08-01-2019 02:14 PM)
Vickip
Student
Options

I have a smart led tv Model No is UE48H6400, we have noticed this morning that there is a purple patch on the bottom right hand side. The tv is out of warranty, but I wondered if anyone else had the same problem and if they fixed it? We have run the tests and it shows up in all 3. Thanks 

151 REPLIES 151
Poisonivy
Explorer
Options

I have come to the conclusion that life is too short to pursue this any further as i haven't a cat in hells chance of getting anything done about it.

I've told Samsung I will never buy another of their products, not that they care but if enough people boycott them maybe it will hurt their profit margins in time.

Jefrank
Explorer
Options
Been following all these purple Samsung patches for a while I also have a 65-inch curved TV with purple patches. Bought the TV Father's Day 2017. And talking Samsung over and over. Don't know how I did it Samsung offered a courtesy visit from a TV technician to look at my TV today. Now this guy is going to come in here and say oh you have purple patches which hell I already know. Now is Samsung going to do something about it that's the question according to everybody's posts I've read no they're not but let's find out I'll let you all know what happens after the visit today.
Ungruntled
Explorer
Options

I suspect he'll say "oh right, the panel has gone and needs replacing" and will tell you the cost.

Ask if the new panel has a warranty too. 

The cost should be claimable from where you bought it from so get it in writing, contact them saying this shouldn't happen so quickly and send them the evidence. If they are any good you will get it fixed and paid for at no cost to you. 

Good luck, will look forward to your update! 

Hopefully the new panel won't go wrong in 2 years if they do replace it ... 

0 Likes
Nickscarpenter
First Poster
Options

Had same thing happen to mine , about 3.5 years old , took it back to Currys today armed with this thread and a handy book from richer sounds about my rights , paid £95 TV going off to their knowhow repair center, under an "out of warranty claim" to be looked at , hopefully will be fixed and refunded.....will keep you posted

0 Likes
Puntyboy
First Poster
Options

LG are no better - My 18 month old 43UJ635V has just started with the same issue. Oddly enough after an update.

0 Likes
mark26652008
First Poster
Options

Mine as well. Puple patch on the top right about 6/7 inches in diameter and another bottom left about the same size. The whole picture seems to be turning purple as well. My tv is only 2 years old. No point in contacting Samsung though as its out of warranty. I'll never buy another Samsung smart tv. It would appear the the majority of people are experiencing this just as there tv is out of warranty or shortly after warranty. I expect my tv to last longer than 2 years. I've read on the internet that a repair could cost around half the price of a new tv. Nice one Samsung, enjoy my £500.

@Vickip wrote:

I have a smart led tv Model No is UE48H6400, we have noticed this morning that there is a purple patch on the bottom right hand side. The tv is out of warranty, but I wondered if anyone else had the same problem and if they fixed it? We have run the tests and it shows up in all 3.

0 Likes
Hockers
Explorer
Options
Sadly the response from Samsung will leave you very underwhelmed, if indeed you get anything more than a standard "Someone will be in touch with you" message...no responsibility being taken and no sign yet that consumer magazine "Which?" or TV's "Watchdog" taking an interest, that I find bizarre, as it is clear from the posts here that there is a headline story...
0 Likes
Ungruntled
Explorer
Options

Yeah. the response from Samsung, if any, is "there nothing wrong with our panels but you can get an engineer to look at it and then be charged for a new panel".

It is a disgrace. 

0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

Samsung is now offering a free five-year warrantee for its panels in the US. I think that the problems with the existing panels were the cause of this policy

0 Likes
Hockers
Explorer
Options

A step in the right direction, but of no use at all to existing customers so badly let down by such a BIG brand of previous good standing...

0 Likes