Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart led tv has a purple patch

(Topic created on: 19-08-2018 06:01 AM)
Vickip
Student
Options

I have a smart led tv Model No is UE48H6400, we have noticed this morning that there is a purple patch on the bottom right hand side. The tv is out of warranty, but I wondered if anyone else had the same problem and if they fixed it? We have run the tests and it shows up in all 3. Thanks 

151 REPLIES 151
JaymieS
Explorer
Options

OK I notice this happen in 2-3 Year Window with Samsung LED 4k UHD TVs its seems from reading all of these posts. Here is  some screenshots of my Model Code : UN40KU6300   Samsung 40"  4K UHD LED 6 SERIES.  You can see  light Purplish Shadow discoloring in a the Right Corner, left middle, and another upper right.  I was hoping there was a easy FIX to get rid of the Purple Patches off the LED SCREEN. 20180815_003549.jpg20180815_003619.jpg

0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

Of course Samsung is paying attention to these posts.  But it is not going to intervene, this is for certain.  A lot of persons have already contacted their service and technical support lines (I certainly did).  The calls were diverted to local Samsung authorized repair shops.  If you had a warrantee, your panel got replaced.  Otherwise, tough luck.  There is no other solution.  Just buy another TV.  Tough, I know, but with the new ones supporting HDR, it may be a good purchase.  Just do not buy a Samsung!

0 Likes
Hobbsy2
Student
Options

Shortly after my previous post here my Samsung TV developed a second purple patch. Really annoying.  I am in the UK. I contacted their authorised repairer in Cambridge and left a message asking for a rough quote to fix the problem. They of course never called back.  They obviously have no intention of even acknowledging there is a problem.

Any thought of buying a new Samsung was now out the window. Now reading here that their 4K TVs have the same problem just makes me despair of them.

I bought an LG TV from Richer Sounds that came with a six year guarantee. My existing Samsung soundbar has connected without a problem.  

Sorry Samsung, I have voted with my feet. 

0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

Well, you did the right thing.  Now, your action is well within Samsung's calculation regarding this problem.  I think that the company does know that it is going to lose some customers, but the number of informed users is small and this simply does not worry Samsung too much.   What would worry Samsung is a more general publicity regarding this problem.

0 Likes
Td-p1
Apprentice
Options
That's the unfortunate truth..
0 Likes
blondes
First Poster
Options

From Spain i have the same problem on my tv 506400 purples patch on screen, the tv only have 4 years and its out of warranty.Samsung dont have any solution.It really is a shame to the attitude of samsung with a problem that starts to be general and should take over. maybe study a lawsuit against the brand to fight for my rights as a consumer

0 Likes
Dublin
Journeyman
Options

I went on Facebook and Twitter to complain and after alot of conversations publically they asked me to email them privately my complaint about the purple patches.  This is the second time I have emailed them.  Here is their response and as I thought, they don't care and are not taking any responsibility.  I advised them to click on the link to this thread of complaints here and they said that people only put negative comments online.  Just tell everyone you know about the issues with the purple patches and the lack of customer support from Samsung.   Advise your friends that their TVs only have a warranty of 12 months!!!! I will never purchase anything from Samsung again.  Here is the response from Samsung........

I am emailing in relation to a recent query you made through our social media team regarding your Samsung television that is currently faulty.

While we endeavour to manufacture all our televisions to the highest of standards and quality, we do recognise that as with all electronic equipment, failures can and do occasionally occur from a manufacturing point of view. This is why all Samsung televisions come with a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty. This is a repair based warranty that would cover the repair of any failures the unit may suffer through a manufacturing issue.

Any failure outside the warranty would not be attributed to a manufacturing fault due to the age of the unit and any repair that may be needed would be made on a chargeable basis. The above is all in line with our obligations to your product as the manufacturer.

You rights as a consumer lie between you and the retailer at point of sale and have no baring over us as the manufacturer.

It would also be noted that despite what you may have read via online forums there is no known manufacturing issue with these particular model and do tend to find that in general people will only use online avenues to a express negative experience.

As an approved Samsung engineer has deemed the unit to repairable it would be down to your discretion whether you choose to proceed with repair or not.

While we appreciate from your post that this will not be the decision you had hoped for, we would advise this would be our full and final response regarding this matter.

Kind regards,

Customer Relations

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Dublin wrote:

I went on Facebook and Twitter to complain and after alot of conversations publically they asked me to email them privately my complaint about the purple patches.  This is the second time I have emailed them.  Here is their response and as I thought, they don't care and are not taking any responsibility.  I advised them to click on the link to this thread of complaints here and they said that people only put negative comments online.  Just tell everyone you know about the issues with the purple patches and the lack of customer support from Samsung.   Advise your friends that their TVs only have a warranty of 12 months!!!! I will never purchase anything from Samsung again.  Here is the response from Samsung........

I am emailing in relation to a recent query you made through our social media team regarding your Samsung television that is currently faulty.

While we endeavour to manufacture all our televisions to the highest of standards and quality, we do recognise that as with all electronic equipment, failures can and do occasionally occur from a manufacturing point of view. This is why all Samsung televisions come with a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty. This is a repair based warranty that would cover the repair of any failures the unit may suffer through a manufacturing issue.

Any failure outside the warranty would not be attributed to a manufacturing fault due to the age of the unit and any repair that may be needed would be made on a chargeable basis. The above is all in line with our obligations to your product as the manufacturer.

You rights as a consumer lie between you and the retailer at point of sale and have no baring over us as the manufacturer.

It would also be noted that despite what you may have read via online forums there is no known manufacturing issue with these particular model and do tend to find that in general people will only use online avenues to a express negative experience.

As an approved Samsung engineer has deemed the unit to repairable it would be down to your discretion whether you choose to proceed with repair or not.

While we appreciate from your post that this will not be the decision you had hoped for, we would advise this would be our full and final response regarding this matter.

Kind regards,

Customer Relations

They are saying that they do not know of any existing issues because if they admitted there was that would open the doors for repairs. Under the consumer law after 6 months you have to show that it was a fault that was there from new. So you need to see and contact those with the same issues. Also I would paste that poor reply all over social media.  It would not be negative if Samsung treated there customers with more respect. A good place to ask is AV Forums. 

Paul 

0 Likes
Sundalic
Student
Options

An update on my 48h6400 (bought in 2014).

I took it to back to Currys, told them about the purple patch (plus wifi kept dropping and ethernet port didn't work at all anymore). they charged €110 but said they'd refund that if issues were found to be covered under EU statutory rights.

Today we got our TV back (plus the €110). They'd replaced the screen and the motherboard... so it's practically new TV.

It sounds like Samsung are washing their hands of this issue but EU legislation has you covered (if you're based in EU) although it's up to the retailer rather than manufacturer to take care of you.

0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

Thanks for the information.  Obviously, this is good news if one lives in the EU.  It does not help for us in the US.  Yes, Samsung will do nothing, this much is sure.  Listen, it is a giant corporation and it spends huge amounts of money in promotion, advertizing, and deals with retailers.  It sells its products, no problem.  Losing a customer here and there has no impact, not one yet, anyway.

The best that we can do is to make sure that we publicize this issue as much as possible.  Eventually, the company would pay a price

0 Likes