Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart led tv has a purple patch

(Topic created on: 14-07-2018 12:18 AM)
Vickip
Student
Options

I have a smart led tv Model No is UE48H6400, we have noticed this morning that there is a purple patch on the bottom right hand side. The tv is out of warranty, but I wondered if anyone else had the same problem and if they fixed it? We have run the tests and it shows up in all 3. Thanks 

151 REPLIES 151
djblue
Journeyman
Options
Sorry about that. In Irwland thw caae goes ro rhe small claims court if the retailer is not responsive. The charge for the court is €25.00 and has been setup to handle these sort of claims. I think the claim must be under €2000.00. Its mainly handled by the local court clerc.
0 Likes
Ungruntled
Explorer
Options

For clarification djblue, your post was useful, I wasn't aiming my reply at you. 

I don't think "forget it" posts are useful though. That's what the corporations would like you to do. "Deal with it. Give us more money".

These acts are there to protect us consumers, at least in the EU. Sorry the US doesn't seem to have the same protections. 

0 Likes
CroVandal
First Poster
Options
I dont know how do you have 5 years protection because in Germany is 2 years only and yes mine UE55H6410SS has the same purple patch but on the left lower side of the screen. I will never again buy Samsung TV because i would not expect something like that on TV from over 1000€ and it is only 3 years old mine old low end LG is working over 7 years without a problem and its being more in use in our childrens room as Samsung.
Lostit
First Poster
Options

Germany is in the EU. EU trump's local law. It applies to the retailer not the manufacturer. I used to it to get a refund on a Blu-ray player out of warranty. They gave a pro rata refund so £100 divided by months it was working take from 5 yrs gives you your total refund. If a retailer refuses you take them to small claims court. I don't know what you call them in Germany. Good luck.

Edit; sorry I forgot to mention I had to pay for a local engineer to give me a report of the fault. The retailer refunded me the cost of the report.

0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

First of all, an interesting observation:  It seems that most reports indicate that these faulty Samsung panels fail anywhere between 2 and 3 years after purchase.  It would have been good if we had the total number of such failures but I am sure that Samsung would not like to "advertize" the fact.  However, it seems to me that the failure rate is likely substantial. 

Second, whatever the legal circumstances are, one is unlikely to ever get a replacement or enough cash for a replacement.  So, whatever happens, the consumer loses here.  I am not sure how many would rush to small claims courts to simply collect 200 euros or dollars.

The best that we can do is make sure that we post this failure to as many boards as possible. 

0 Likes
Tony321
Student
Options

@djblue wrote:

After a useless time spent contacting Samsung, who did not reply to my service request form that I had filled out on the Samsung web site I rang them. No help.

Rrturned to the shop I bought yhe tv from and they have agreed to replace it with a new tv (UE49MU6400), as under EU rules I am covered under waranty for 5 years ( 6 years in Ireland). Just waiting for a delivery to the shop.

Hi there I hope you can help. How did you go about getting a replacement please? Did you have to get an independent engineers report as thats what the store where we purchased the TV from are saying to us?

Thanks

Tony.

0 Likes
djblue
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I got a samsumg service engineer to look at it. Your dealer should be able to tell you who looks after samsung warranties

Tony321
Student
Options

@djblue wrote:

Hi

I got a samsumg service engineer to look at it. Your dealer should be able to tell you who looks after samsung warranties

Ok thanks I think I understand. I take it I have to get a Samsung engineer to do a report and then hand that to the point of purchase. Did they tell you what the fault was at all?

0 Likes
djblue
Journeyman
Options

It needed a new screen 

0 Likes
Sundalic
Student
Options

how did you contact samsung engineer?

I've got the same issue now on a 3.5 year old TV.

0 Likes