Support

Open search

Samsung Smart led tv has a purple patch

Highlighted
First Poster

I have a smart led tv Model No is UE48H6400, we have noticed this morning that there is a purple patch on the bottom right hand side. The tv is out of warranty, but I wondered if anyone else had the same problem and if they fixed it? We have run the tests and it shows up in all 3. Thanks 

144 REPLIES 144
Highlighted

So I purchased a 2 year extended warranty. So do I have a total of 3 years warranty now??

Highlighted

Yes, you do.  This is how this works.  Considering that panels that I have had failed 3.5 -4 years after purchase, I wonder if a 3-year warrantee is enough

Highlighted
Yeah. 2-1/2 years and I have the top left side of my screen purple.
Highlighted
First Poster

Im an disgusted with samsung reading all these posts, i use samsung phones and tablets etc and decided to treat us to a 55" curved tv 3 yrs ago also and a purple spot has appeared on my tv, i probably paud over the odds for mine as i got it through brighthouse, i am mortified that the amount of money ive paid for this tv for it only to last 3 years, i will totally avoid samsung products in future for sure and also word of mouth to family and friends and social media never to buy a samsung tv, for a company that big washing their hands of it is a disgusting way to treat loyal customers 😳

I started with one, now there's three, I need a new TV but my problem is I only have space for a 32" tv and so far I can't find one with good reviews.
Top Liked Authors