Support

Open search

Samsung Smart led tv has a purple patch

Highlighted
First Poster

I have a smart led tv Model No is UE48H6400, we have noticed this morning that there is a purple patch on the bottom right hand side. The tv is out of warranty, but I wondered if anyone else had the same problem and if they fixed it? We have run the tests and it shows up in all 3. Thanks 

144 REPLIES 144

So I purchased a 2 year extended warranty. So do I have a total of 3 years warranty now??

Highlighted

Yes, you do.  This is how this works.  Considering that panels that I have had failed 3.5 -4 years after purchase, I wonder if a 3-year warrantee is enough

Highlighted
Yeah. 2-1/2 years and I have the top left side of my screen purple.
Highlighted
First Poster

Im an disgusted with samsung reading all these posts, i use samsung phones and tablets etc and decided to treat us to a 55" curved tv 3 yrs ago also and a purple spot has appeared on my tv, i probably paud over the odds for mine as i got it through brighthouse, i am mortified that the amount of money ive paid for this tv for it only to last 3 years, i will totally avoid samsung products in future for sure and also word of mouth to family and friends and social media never to buy a samsung tv, for a company that big washing their hands of it is a disgusting way to treat loyal customers 😳

Highlighted
I started with one, now there's three, I need a new TV but my problem is I only have space for a 32" tv and so far I can't find one with good reviews.
Top Liked Authors