Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung series 6 tv pin not resetting

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 04:25 PM)
syedshah80
Student
Options

Hi,

I have a samsung series 6 tv. I have forgotten the pin. I have tried hundreds times to reset the pin by turning the tv off and then pressing mute-8-2-4-power but it does not work. The tv turns on as soon as i press the button 8. I have tried when the tv is on and i have tried when the tv is off.

I am so disappinted in samsung. Why have they made such a simple thing so hard. Can someone please help here. I have bought a new tv and I might throw it off as I have locked all the apps and now I am not able to use my tv

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Let's get this sorted out for you, @syedshah80! When you first set up the TV, did you change the PIN code to a number of your own choosing?

0 Likes
syedshah80
Student
Options

Hi,

Yes, I changed the pin to my own number. However, I was away from home for two months and when i got back, i had forgotten what pin i choosed before. Now i am not able to reset the tv

i power off and when i click on mute-8-2-4-power, it does not reset the pin. In fact, as soon as i press number 8, the tv turns on without waiting for the sequence to complete

I tried as hard and as fast as possible but it does not seem to work. I have in few cases been very fast and got it done before the tv could turn on but still does not work

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@syedshah80: Can you try pressing the following buttons in sequence when the TV turns on to see if this helps.

Standard remote: Mute > Volume Up > Return > Volume Down > Return > Volume Up > Return

This should reset the PIN to 0000. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes