Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S95B auto dimming

(Topic created on: 18-02-2023 07:47 PM)
JordanF
Explorer
Options
Has anyone who owns the Samsung S95B noticed the screen dimming on its own, particularly when watching HDR? It's happening more often now where after around 5 mins the screen dims so much that it's practically unwatcheable. This isn't the adaptive brightness setting, this is something different I think is built into the TV to prevent burn in when it suspects objects aren't moving. Is there any way to turn this off? It's really spoiling an otherwise fantastic TV!
15 REPLIES 15
KholaI
Options

Hey @JordanF 

It could be the Eco Sensor perhaps? This adjusts the brightness of the TV automatically. This feature measures the light in your room and optimises the brightness of the TV automatically to reduce power consumption. If you want to switch this off, head into Menu > Settings > All Settings > General & Privacy > Power and Energy Saving > Brightness Optimisation.

Please note that the eco sensor is located at the bottom of the TV. Do not block the sensor with any object. This can decrease picture brightness.

Vetri
Voyager
Options
You are exactly right this is due to eco sensor
JordanF
Explorer
Options
Hi Kholal, thank you ill try turning this off and monitor it, I thought I'd turned this off already but just checked and its on.
KholaI
Options

No worries! If it was the sensor, switching it off will definitely do the trick!

0 Likes
Options

This TV is garbage. Any setting that has an auto setting is off. Screen still dims randomly. Press a button to bring up any menu and exit, brightness resets. Only on certain content it seems. I assume it still has burn in fail safe that is being triggered by particular content.  Also the UI is garbage. Samsung should be ashamed of this product. Have always bought Samsung panels. This is the last. Commercial displays seem to be only way to escape the terrible software UI design that is designed only for ads and marketing. 

JustCallMeSymba
First Poster
Options

I’ve been having this issue recently as well. I noticed it a while ago and thought that it was my Xbox or PS5 going into an idle state. I do not have any of these settings turned on so not sure why my TV is still doing this. 
It is a huge pain and Samsung customer service is terrible when it comes to troubleshooting

Options

Upon further research, this problem is common amongst OLED’s of most other brands but some have updated firmware to correct it or improve it at least. LG has. https://youtu.be/WL1k-K4jFcY  

Samsung has not updated/addressed issue. Hopefully since other companies have acknowledged it, Samsung should have to? 

saryatto
Student
Options

Yes, I have same issue on my Samsung S95BA, 65" TV. All settings turned off. I have Android TV box connected and using Facebook and IPTV app. When watching video on Facebook or some certain channels on Tivimate app, the screen keep dimming after less than 3 minutes. My software version is latest 1430. I tried everything to not dimming the screen without any solution. I might send back TV to samsung if they don't fix this issue. 

MikePrefersApple
Apprentice
Options

I found this, applied it using a universal remote and it no longer dims!

https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED_Gaming/comments/ul2o2f/someone_discovered_how_to_disable_asbl_on_samsu...