Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S95B 65 in TV - sound sync problem when turning on until channel change

(Topic created on: 07-01-2023 03:24 PM)
midinotes
Explorer
Options

I have a Samsung S95 65 inch OLED tv and I'm extremely pleased with. Amazing picture, impressive sound quality, lots of features and control. However every time I switch the TV on from standby into terrestial TV, the picture and sound are way out of sync.  As soon as I change channel it fixes itself.  I have a HDMI cable to my audio amplifier (using e-Arc) although I don't use it by default.  Has anyone had the same issue and if so is there a fix?  Turning on the TV there must be several seconds delay between the picture and sound. As soon as I change channel though it's fine.

Simon

#samsung s95b

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
midinotes
Explorer
Options

The problem for me appears to have gone away. I have though switched to using Satellite instead of Terrestial aerial mode.  I've also enabled Alexa listening recently, not sure if that helped. Sound from the internal speakers with the TV on its stand and about 30 cm away from the wall behind is really impressive.  People have mentioned there isn't much bass from the S95B's speakers but I beg to differ. I've got the sound set up automatically. Hope Nick you resolve the issue.

0 Likes
Options

Yes, exact same for me. I have sound de/relay all the way back to 240 and the words and gunshots happen before anything even starts on screen. Moving the bar to zero doesn’t change a thing. Is consistently happening through hdmi, broadcast antenna, digital channels, and streaming apps. Brand new TV this month.  Customer service has made “tickets” for me 3 weeks waiting and still no word back. Such basic help their screen prompts to instruct customers through the menu are WRONG, have had to correct the agents multiple times for this model. They are giving instructions that would fit my 5 year old Samsung grrrr

sometimes the sound isn’t as bad, almost looks sync’d….then it gets adhd and wanders

0 Likes
Options
  • Yep, exact same…sound won’t sync on anything and gets worse/better on a whim. Hard resets don’t work nor do factory resets. Have tested out 3 sound bars and 2 Xbox consoles in addition to all streaming apps and antenna broadcast tv. No dice, and no help from Samsung. Firmware Update seems to have made it worse
0 Likes
XeLo lOgIc
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

Ever since I "reset audio", I have not experienced any out-of-sync between sound and picture so far.  I also did not reset the Smarthub.  It has nothing to do with the "Digital Audio Output Delay" because that only applies to external connections like the soundbar.

From the feedback in this group, the problem seems to be between the picture processor and the sound processor synchronization and happens intermittently.  Let's hope Samsung will catch on to this channel feedback to fix it in their next firmware release.

For those still experiencing out-of-sync picture and sound, try the following:

1. unplug TV from wall socket, let the power drain off the set.
2. turn on TV, don't launch any app and go straight to settings and "reset audio".
3. launch app to see if the new settings get refreshed.
4. if all else fail, our Samsung helpdesk here in Singapore suggested to reset "Smarthub" (which I did not try, because "reset audio" worked for me).

Hope the above will get the gremlins out of your new TV, and truly enjoy what this TV has to offer.

0 Likes
TrebleTA
First Poster
Options
I also have noticed the above delays, also hdmi eArc sound is lower, my old tv the sound bar pumped, now I almost have it full vol and it's not the same
0 Likes