Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S95B 65 in TV - sound sync problem when turning on until channel change

(Topic created on: 20-11-2022 11:23 AM)
midinotes
Explorer
Options

I have a Samsung S95 65 inch OLED tv and I'm extremely pleased with. Amazing picture, impressive sound quality, lots of features and control. However every time I switch the TV on from standby into terrestial TV, the picture and sound are way out of sync.  As soon as I change channel it fixes itself.  I have a HDMI cable to my audio amplifier (using e-Arc) although I don't use it by default.  Has anyone had the same issue and if so is there a fix?  Turning on the TV there must be several seconds delay between the picture and sound. As soon as I change channel though it's fine.

Simon

#samsung s95b

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
XeLo lOgIc
Apprentice
Options

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately, at my location, which started digital broadcast, I do not have any digital antenna and hence, am unable to test terrestrial TV broadcast.  I also have the 65".

However, I experience a different type of problem.  My sound travels faster than the image, after a few minutes of watching streaming video from apps like Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime.  Many have complained about audio lagging from video... imagine in my case, the voice of the dialog came out, then you see the mouth of the actors catching up to what was being said... with and without a soundbar.

If you have streaming services, did you experience something similar?

Thomas

#samsung s95b
HDMI input did not experience any out-of-sync.  

midinotes
Explorer
Options

Hi Thomas. I only have Prime streaming service, but I don't believe i have experienced anything like this with mine (I'm in the UK by the way). I have started using Satellite mode now on the TV (lots more HD channels available for free) and I have not experienced the previous audio issues I had before. In any case though it only occured on terestial and only on the last selected TV channel when I immediately switched on the set. As soon as I changed channel it was fine. Also in some cases there is no delay issue.  Other sources appear to be fine.

Very pleased with the TV though and it has been amazing. As with most smart TVs it can be a little sluggish immediately after switch on, but it settles down. Mine also came with both remotes, the solar powered slimline one and the more conventional one with keypad. I wish I could figure out a quick way to get to the TV guide and recording features with the conventional remote - seems easier with the slimline, but that's another quirk.

Simon

0 Likes
XeLo lOgIc
Apprentice
Options

Hi Simon,

I am in Singapore, and Samsung called back to suggest I do a complete reset to the Smart Hub.

However, the night before that, I did a simple reset on the Audio (not Smart Hub), and that did the trick.  So I will continue to monitor and see if a reset to the Smart Hub is needed.

As for the remote, I only get the one "simple" remote with solar charging, not the conventional one.

I have to say, switching to OLED is by far the best choice I have made... considering TVs don't last more than 3 years nowadays (I had already replaced 2 of my home TV 85" and 55" this year), chances of the OLED pixel burn-in probably is less of an issue, with the new pixel-shifting features and all, so enjoy this OLED TV however you wish.  And for those still thinking about going bigger screen size, no regrets about putting the 65" in my bedroom.

Thomas

midinotes
Explorer
Options

Thank you Thomas, I might give that a go (resetting the sound settings).  I usually keep them on smart auto as it usually delivers the best audio. My TV is on the stand with the rear of the stand about 5cm from the wall. I notice the lower bass improves slightly if you move it further away from the wall, but the smart setting does a good job of recalibrating this. 

Like yourself if you start watching reviewers on YouTube of OLED burn-in, you will become paranoid!  I don't have my TV terribly bright (movie mode, brightness around 23 and contrast around mid point) and don't play games on it, so should be fine. I certainly have not noticed anything concerning burn-in.  Rather concerned though about your experience of how long TVs last!  Samsung took my old Panasonic Plasma in when I bought this TV for recycling (they offered a really good price) and that was still working, 42 inch and about 15 years old!  Hope this one will last almost the same!

Simon

0 Likes
Seshleman
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I thought it was an audio delay to my soundbar, but I disconnected and had the same issue. Over time it gets more and more off.

0 Likes
XeLo lOgIc
Apprentice
Options

HI Seshleman,

Try just resetting the audio (not SmartHub) first... that way, you don't have to go thru the hassle of re-registering all your streaming services.  That worked for me thus far.

If resetting audio does not sync the picture with sound, then try Samsung's suggestion on resetting the SmartHub.  Post your observation so that others may benefit from our experience.

Cheers!

Thomas

0 Likes
Members_fft8GCY
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with using the apps, like Xbox or local news 

0 Likes
Sarc
Pioneer
Options

Pareil pour moi, en France / Paris

Au 1er allumage, le son n'est pas synchronisé ni avec la barre de son Samsung Q90R ni avec une Q60B ni même avec une Q990B...

Le changement de chaîne synchronise l'audio, malgré les mise à jour firmware et au 04/12/22 le problème est toujours présent... 

0 Likes
Nick13245
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem here, tried resetting the sound but still happening. Sound resynchronises if I pause and play but it's really distracting and happening more often on pre installed apps.  No soundbat attached. Only had the TV a month. Help!

0 Likes