Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung RU7100 - Network help - Access shared files on PC through a cabled connection

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 10:09 PM)
Luke1111
First Poster
Options

Hi, sorry if this may sound a little complicated. I think I could've worded it better, but this is the best I could do right now:

I have two routers at home -- let's call them Router A and Router B.

The modem is connected to Router A.
Router A is then connected to my PC and to Router B (both by cable).
Router B is connected to the TV (also by cable).

When both my PC and the TV are connected to either router by Wifi, I can access my shared folders on the TV with no problem. But if I connect the TV by cable (which would connect to Router B), I can no longer access the shared files.

A cabled connection is important to me because I use Steam Link on the TV, and it doesn't work well through Wi-fi.

Is there any network settings that would enable me to access my shared filed through a cabled connection? I figure if both my PC and the TV were connected by cable to the same router it would work, but this is impossible as Router B and the TV are downstairs, while Router A and my PC are upstairs.

I appreciate any help.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Humpty-16
First Poster
Options

I'm facing a similar issue, but only one router.  You could eliminate Router B by running a separate cable to the TV from Router A.

Not sure if it will fix your issue however as mine is wired network with one router, but I'm unable to see my shared folders from my TV either.

I don't see this "all share" setting anywhere either in my network settings. 

0 Likes