Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung remote disconnecting

(Topic created on: 18-11-2021 02:36 PM)
liv4
First Poster
Options

hey! we recently bought a new samsung remote for our samsung tv because the buttons had become worn out. The new remote we bought a couple months ago keeps giving us problems. First, it takes a while pairing with our tv. It says to hold the back arrow and play/pause for three seconds until paired, but it can take us up to 20 attempts. The tv says things such as no device found, or unable to connect every time we try. The second problem is that it keeps disconnecting with the tv. After the remote has been paired, you have to try and pair it again not even 5 minutes later. This has become such a problem that all the members in my family has all downloaded a tv remote app, which doesn't work as great as a regular remote, but still ten times better than the one we have. Also, I know there are fully charged batteries in it, I don't know what to do to fix this problem.

14 REPLIES 14
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @liv4 ,

that is not looking like the behaviour that one of our remotes should have. Would you be able to share your TV model here? Can I also ask what remote model did you get and from where?

The TV Model can be found at the back on a white sticker or from the TV Settings> Support> About this TV or Contact Samsung. 

0 Likes
alejandro4
First Poster
Options

Hi, my one remote samsung keeps disconecting every 10 minutes and connects after , is crazy, already change remote and batteries for a new one, and it keeps happening, turn off tv wifi

BThomas
First Poster
Options

I will tell you what, I have had three TVs with the same exact issue. Right now I can't keep my remote connected more than 5 minutes and it takes an hour to even get it to connect and the first place which I have been living with this for years and it is Bs!! It is exactly what your TVs and controllers do. I can't believe you just said this doesn't sound like our product because it exactly sounds like your products. When I owned multiple products and TVs that did the exact same thing. I have an NU800D Samsung TV with a smart remote that keeps disconnecting and I'm getting effing tired of it!! We pay over $1,000 for some knockoff wish.com *****. You guys never update the TVs you never fix anything!! I got Sony XM4s that still don't even work with my TV properly. Lag lag lag .. 

My question, why after all of these years hasn't these issues been addressed? Because literally everybody is having these issues... I want my headphones working I want my controller to stay connected and I want it to connect like it should and it shouldn't take me 20 attempts and an hour every 5 minutes I want to use my controller. This is absolutely ridiculous in America in 2021 and you guys don't address anything of any issue on your TVs. Literally been happening for years to everybody and it's still an issue and you say it doesn't sound like your products smh how about keeping it real and giving us a fix

Nere365
Apprentice
Options

Is there a fix? My tv remote disconnects, when it does connect it only turns the tv on or off. None of the other buttons work and they are not worn out. It’s the original remote. I cannot use the app because I need to select allow on the tv and without the remote, I can’t. 

AndrewL
Options

@Nere365: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV, located in Settings > Support > About This TV? In the meantime, please try pressing and holding the Power button on the remote until the TV restarts, to see if you notice an improvement to you remote's connection. 

0 Likes
Nere365
Apprentice
Options

The back of the tv sticker says UN65NU8000F. I cannot get into the menu because the control doesn’t work. I have reset the tv also, several times aside from pairing the remote.  The problem continues. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Nere365: Did you get a standard remote with your TV, as well as a Smart Remote? If you point the remote at the sensor on the TV and press and hold the Back and Play/Pause buttons for 3 seconds, does it pair, but with the limited functionality mentioned above? Have you tried changing the batteries in the remote to see if this helps? 

Nere365
Apprentice
Options

I have the remote that came with the tv. Batteries are new. The remote pairs but only the power function works. 

0057528BN59-01266A

0057528BN59-01266A. 

0 Likes
jwood7250
Apprentice
Options

Mine started doing this a month ago. First the TV would turn off by itself, or change apps. Then The volume and other selectors quit working. Changed batteries, and followed the on screen prompts. Worked for a week, then 2 days, then 20 minutes, then 5 minutes. TV will start to pair, then it will say no device found. The TV is a Model number QN82Q6FNAF TYPE NO: QN82Q6FNA MODEL CODE: QN82Q6FNAFXZA  I have 3 samsung smart TV's. They are different sizes but remotes look the same. Tried switching out and pairing the other remotes, no joy. 😞   Was thinking about purchasing another bigger TV,  but this one is the newest (3 years) Not so sure about it now. If these TV's are failing at 3 years old. 

0 Likes