Did you mean: 

Samsung refuses to honour warranty after only 6 days of usage

(Topic created on: 27-09-2020 05:14 PM)
Lina8
Student
Options

Hello, 

I hope someone here can help me. 

I bought an LCD Samsung UHD UE-50TU7072 for my parents. They used the TV only for 6 days and it stopped working. The official Samsung repair service in Bulgaria refused honouring the warranty saying the damage was caused by a strike or pressure. In order to repair the TV we have to pay 90% of its value, which is crazy. To be honest, I am not upset about the money but the fact we feel robbed. How can a TV stop working after only 6 days of usage? And it hasn't been some heavy usage, the TV was watched by a retired couple for one or two hours a day just to watch the news. They turned it off one day and on the following day it couldn't be switched off. The screen just stayed black. The technician was at a loss and could not explain what had happened as he confirmed there were no signs of misuse. However, when he escalated the problem to his superiors, they refused the following stages of repair. I wonder whether this is because the repair would be so costly. My parents have been very careful with the TV, they haven't hit it but they were blamed by the seller they caused the damage themselves.

Can you help me? Where can I escalate the issue? I have some other important details to provide.

Thank you very much! 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Meh90
Pathfinder
Options
assume your from an eu country

When you sell a good or a service to a consumer online or via other means of distance communication (by telephone, mail order) or outside a shop (from a door-to-door salesperson), the consumer has the right to return the item or cancel the service within 14 days. This is sometimes referred to as the cooling-off period or the withdrawal period. No reason or justification has to be given by the consumer.

EU law also stipulates that you must give the consumer a minimum 2-year guarantee (legal guarantee) as a protection against faulty goods, or goods that don't look or work as advertised

customers have the right to ask you to do any of the following without any charge (for postage, labour, material, etc.):

repair the productreplace the productreduce the price
Lina8
Student
Options

Hi Meh90,

Thank you for your prompt response. 

We are from a EU country. The TV was purchased on 10th Aug but my parents moved into their new place on 24th Aug (this is the date they started watching the TV) and the TV broke on 30th Aug so we can't use the 14-day cooling off period. Is the legal guarantee you mentioned the same as the warranty we have? Samsung already refused honouring the warranty. 

0 Likes
VeeB
Journeyman
Options
take your concern to twitter.....maybe then Samsung may assist
Meh90
Pathfinder
Options
hi yes you still get two years guarantee for repairs or replacement, if it a fault that is not cause by careless.

Samsung will need to show its customers fault to refuse. as you as they didn't show you any proof it was cause by misusing.

speak them again
MrVlad1
Journeyman
Options
Sue them
LESHAMAN
First Poster
Options

The television was owned by someone else, returned as faulty and then repaired, repacked and sold to you. There have been television consumer rights programmes that have shown this.

Also, I have seen a new motherboard taken out of a new TV and put into another TV that was been repaired. The old motherboard once repaired was put into the new TV.

I remember being sold a VCR wheeled into the showroom on a porter's barrel with the box opened and damaged. It was repaired and sold as new. I had to returning it due to faults.

Threaten to blacklist Samsung. Check the consumer rights laws for your country/EU. You may have a legal case.

I am now fighting Samsung for not honouring their Q-LED ten year warranty. They have stopped offering it. I thought that was the whole point of QLED with it's expensive price tag. The technology is not as advertised.

to avoid screen burn do not leave a static image on the screen. Turn the contrast and brightness down as much as possible without leaving the picture to be difficult to view. NOTE, ALL MANUFACTURERS OF TELEVISION TURN THE CONTRAST TO FULL. ADJUST THIS TO SAY 30%. THIS IS ONE OF THE REASON WHY SCREEN BURN OCCURS AND THE LIFE EXPECTANCY OF THE SCREEN IS SHORT.

Hope this all help.

0 Likes