Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN95a / games consoles blacking out intermittently...

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 07:09 PM)
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Hello. I’ve just bought a 55” QN95a - it’s connected to both a PS5 and an Xbox Series X. 

I've been having an issue, where when playing a game on either console, the screen/sound blacks out for about two seconds and then just goes back to normal. The game carries on in the background as it’s momentarily blacked out.

I’ve scoured the internet and it seems it’s a very common issue, particularly with Samsung Tv’s. 

ive been offered a replacement tv or just one connect box, and I’ve opted to try a new one connect (easier that packing up a whole tv etc) that should come in a couple of weeks. But I’m not convinced that it’s a technical fault, but rather something software / setting related.

Ive obviously spoken to Samsung, but as always, it’s just the usual, generic troubleshooting. I’ve tried factory settings, different hdmi ports, changing from 8bit to 10bit etc. But it persists.

Any other ideas? The tv works flawlessly otherwise, it would be wonderful to get to the bottom of this one issue

Thanks

290 REPLIES 290
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

It is also available to just download on the tv, which I’ve done. I just wondered if doing it by usb was different 

0 Likes
hydzior
Explorer
Options

Dont know. Ive done it using usb because it was not yet avaiable on tv. Plus a small raport that my tv is still stable.

0 Likes
hydzior
Explorer
Options
  • Aaaand the blackouts are back... on xsx. Looks like if i play a non xsx optimised game with vrr/freesync turned on the blackouts are there. Turned it off and its ok for now. Games for xsx are free from blackouts for now. Looks like xsx has its own problems also.
0 Likes
MWarren11
Apprentice
Options
New qn95a owner here. Sadly it's happened to me multiple times. Using PS5 with its supplied HDMI cable. Anyone found a fix?
0 Likes
Obi56
Journeyman
Options
Not that I can find and I'm having the same issues too. After dropping 2 grand I'm not very impressed with the support we're seeing!
0 Likes
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

The support has been horrific. It’s worth having a read through the German forum above (with translator on if needed) - It’s been marked as ‘solved’ for weeks, with not one person having found a solution. I politely said that it’s terribly bad business to be marked as solved when hundreds of people have the issue…I was banned.

Many people have had replacements (I’m on my 4th unit) and lots of attempted repairs with new parts, nothing seems to work.

0 Likes
MWarren11
Apprentice
Options
I've found a workaround for PS5 which has so far been 100% effective. Dropping the video output rate in the PS5 menu to -1. I don't fully understand what's going on, but I believe it reduces the amount of data going through the hdmi cable to a level that's more tolerable to the TV. Not a great workaround as I fear I won't be able to play 120fps games using this setting, but the TV has such a beautiful image that I'm tempted to keep it.
0 Likes
hjdr4
Apprentice
Options

I own a 65" QN95a and have screen dropouts also using PS5 and Xbox Series X. I've read many threads reporting the same issue over and over and there is just no fix right now (only PS5 workaround using YUV 422 compression). I have far more dropouts with the PS5(0-10 in a game session) than with XsX (0-1 in a game session).

Also I have a Samsung Q800A Dolby Atmos sound bar connected to the TV with eARC, and Dolby Atmos is broken with XsX (audio cut every few seconds).
Some people have been replacing their unit many times without success so it looks to be global issues.

I would get a refund if there was competition, but I can't buy anything with this image quality right now, there is just no equivalent at the moment (OLED is not an option).
Let's hope a firmware will fix those issues.

In France, we can get a refund up to 2 years after buying the device if we can prouve latent defects, and this issue is. I would not have bought this device if I knew it would not produce images 100% of the time. I may wait 2022 models to use this right if no solution(hardware or software) is provided by the time.

Krashing
Navigator
Options

Hello!!

nice to hear I’m not alone!!

I got my qe55qn95a and I had the same issue on ps5 and it’s not only on 120 gls mode I have problem also on ps4 games played on ps5!

plus I have problem with the soundbar connection that keeps getting cut out and set on tv speaker only, and also other hdmi problems like device and tv switching off by themselves!

I got the hdmi port connection replaced but the problem is still there!

plus the one connect box is so hot when the tv is on that is not possible to touch it without getting burned!do you have the same problem?

0 Likes
SpokkX
Journeyman
Options

I have none if these dropsout with a qn95 65 with a series x

really how room (28c) and oneconnect box is warm, but not hot. Pretty much like a router or other electronics - expected imo

I have quite a bit of air around the box though

0 Likes