Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN95a / games consoles blacking out intermittently...

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 07:09 PM)
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Hello. I’ve just bought a 55” QN95a - it’s connected to both a PS5 and an Xbox Series X. 

I've been having an issue, where when playing a game on either console, the screen/sound blacks out for about two seconds and then just goes back to normal. The game carries on in the background as it’s momentarily blacked out.

I’ve scoured the internet and it seems it’s a very common issue, particularly with Samsung Tv’s. 

ive been offered a replacement tv or just one connect box, and I’ve opted to try a new one connect (easier that packing up a whole tv etc) that should come in a couple of weeks. But I’m not convinced that it’s a technical fault, but rather something software / setting related.

Ive obviously spoken to Samsung, but as always, it’s just the usual, generic troubleshooting. I’ve tried factory settings, different hdmi ports, changing from 8bit to 10bit etc. But it persists.

Any other ideas? The tv works flawlessly otherwise, it would be wonderful to get to the bottom of this one issue

Thanks

290 REPLIES 290
Krashing
Navigator
Options

I’ve been replaced the hdmi port on the one connect box but the problem did not solve so they tried with the update

0 Likes
Cyph3r92
Explorer
Options

And did the update fix it completely?

0 Likes
Obi56
Journeyman
Options
Can you confirm you've had no issues since then?

I'm becoming increasingly angry with Samsung over this. I don't earn mega bucks so finding and then dropping £2K on their flagship 4K TV only to find it struggles to do its primary function has left a very sour taste.

The fact that there's been multiple people stating Samsung are aware of "the" issue relating to multiple reports but to then have them not actually communicating ANYTHING to their customers is staggering. Nearly all of outer electrical items are Samsung but I'm starting to think that will not be the case as things are replaced over the coming years.
0 Likes
Krashing
Navigator
Options

I see you are just commenting without reading the previous messages… 

I explained that they sent me an update that they installed remotely in my tv, the update is only for hdmi port, and won’t affect the tv firmware number so is always the same as yours.

as of now with the second try they did with me in the last 10 days I had no issues at all

SoloG
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I've been experiencing the same issue. Random black screen while i'm playing.

I dont understand why. Especially since it was working perfectly yesterday and the day before.

How did you contact Samsung to fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

SoloG from France 

Members_Hp12eGF
Student
Options

Thanks all

A difficult one to call in my case. Contrary to previous comments, I have read previous posts, but what isn't clear is if and when any update might be rolled out in the UK, or if the issues are the same across the board and so would be fixed by an update in every case.

Thanks for all the info 👍🏻

E13mrk
Apprentice
Options

I’ve had the exact same issue on both my 2017 KS7000 and KS7500 Tv’s. Tried for years to fix it with no solution, replacement one connect boxes, HDMI cables, firmware updates. Issue is documented all over the internet, can’t believe they are still using the one connect boxes and having this issues 4 years later in these new models! Really want to order the new model for my PS5 but cannot deal with the blackout issue again, so glad I searched this before ordering, can’t believe they still have this issue 4 years later with no fix 😞 

E13mrk
Apprentice
Options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-QE55QN95A55-Neo-QLED-4K/dp/B093DT3KTB/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=...

looks the this abs in reviewer has the same issue with the one connect box 

Softmonkey
Journeyman
Options

Just read through this thread, I’ve got random blackouts also and own a Q95a with one connect. Useable for TV, unusable for games. Series X has sound and picture cut outs. Sound via EARC is delayed and there is no way to fix via the receiver or TV. Working with Samsung to try and resolve but I’m afraid their support engineers are unable to fix it. Actually I was cautioned not to get this TV from one of my US friends and should have listened because it’s no good for the intended purpose. 

0 Likes
Cyph3r92
Explorer
Options

Has there really been no news on this yet? Are Samsung really just selling a TV that has widespread faults?

0 Likes