Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN95a / games consoles blacking out intermittently...

(Topic created on: 20-07-2021 02:51 PM)
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Hello. I’ve just bought a 55” QN95a - it’s connected to both a PS5 and an Xbox Series X. 

I've been having an issue, where when playing a game on either console, the screen/sound blacks out for about two seconds and then just goes back to normal. The game carries on in the background as it’s momentarily blacked out.

I’ve scoured the internet and it seems it’s a very common issue, particularly with Samsung Tv’s. 

ive been offered a replacement tv or just one connect box, and I’ve opted to try a new one connect (easier that packing up a whole tv etc) that should come in a couple of weeks. But I’m not convinced that it’s a technical fault, but rather something software / setting related.

Ive obviously spoken to Samsung, but as always, it’s just the usual, generic troubleshooting. I’ve tried factory settings, different hdmi ports, changing from 8bit to 10bit etc. But it persists.

Any other ideas? The tv works flawlessly otherwise, it would be wonderful to get to the bottom of this one issue

Thanks

290 REPLIES 290
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Are you able to check the firmware version please?

settings > support > software update

0 Likes
Krashing
Navigator
Options

As I told you… the firmware version did not change as they did not update the tv software

0 Likes
Obi56
Journeyman
Options
I've just been on with support and they have remotely performed a reset of the TV (I've already done that myself) but have also refreshed the HDMI ports. I'll monitor over the next couple of nights to see if this has resolved the issue and report back 🤞
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

I’ve had this done a couple of times, no joy 😞 not to be too much of a downer

0 Likes
Krashing
Navigator
Options

Same here.. you have to wait a firmware update.. it’s the only chance it will change something

0 Likes
jmrodrigues78
First Poster
Options

Changed cables but problem still remains 

0 Likes
Obi56
Journeyman
Options
Went again just now while watching the news over lunch time 🤬
0 Likes
jmrodrigues78
First Poster
Options

I solved the problem. Just keep the TV disconnected at all times. No more issues.

0 Likes
hydzior
Explorer
Options

From online or from the power source when turning it off?

0 Likes
jmrodrigues78
First Poster
Options

No, mine only works fine when disconnected completely. I can't find a solution to these blackouts. 

0 Likes