Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN95a / games consoles blacking out intermittently...

(Topic created on: 05-07-2021 10:20 AM)
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Hello. I’ve just bought a 55” QN95a - it’s connected to both a PS5 and an Xbox Series X. 

I've been having an issue, where when playing a game on either console, the screen/sound blacks out for about two seconds and then just goes back to normal. The game carries on in the background as it’s momentarily blacked out.

I’ve scoured the internet and it seems it’s a very common issue, particularly with Samsung Tv’s. 

ive been offered a replacement tv or just one connect box, and I’ve opted to try a new one connect (easier that packing up a whole tv etc) that should come in a couple of weeks. But I’m not convinced that it’s a technical fault, but rather something software / setting related.

Ive obviously spoken to Samsung, but as always, it’s just the usual, generic troubleshooting. I’ve tried factory settings, different hdmi ports, changing from 8bit to 10bit etc. But it persists.

Any other ideas? The tv works flawlessly otherwise, it would be wonderful to get to the bottom of this one issue

Thanks

290 REPLIES 290
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

I’m getting moderate heat, but certainly not burning hand type heat. 

@SpokkX have you just got the one hdmi connection? The issue seems to effect every model, but usually one port is spared the problems 😕 

0 Likes
SpokkX
Journeyman
Options

Yeah currently just using one.. (hdmi1)

i guess it could be luck that i picked the working one.. waiting for a ps5 - guess i will see then

0 Likes
Krashing
Navigator
Options

All the 4 hdmi on 2021 one connect box are the same 4K 120fps hdmi 2.1 except for port 3 that is earc for soundbar all the other are equal 

0 Likes
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Absolutely. Though most people with the fault have one unaffected - mine is port 4

0 Likes
jmrodrigues78
First Poster
Options

Just ordered a new cable, mine has same issue. Besides this, prime video and Netflix apps sometimes shuts down the TV. Anyone with this issue?

0 Likes
SpokkX
Journeyman
Options

Never had crashes such as those no - sounds heat related?

anyway do hdmi signals drop even on older hdmi devices such as Switch?

0 Likes
jmrodrigues78
First Poster
Options

Doesn't look like it. Random shuts on these 2 apps only. Not happening when watching tv signal or nvidia shield. Haven't tried with older console and game mode.

0 Likes
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Anyone having 1second sound drop outs? I have a sound bar connected via optical and seem to be having sound drops even on tv content 

0 Likes
Krashing
Navigator
Options

Hello everybody 

today Samsung technician provided me a firmware update for the hdmi port they installed it from an usb stick they had.. the firmware version of the tv is always the latest they just updated the hdmi port! This is a file Samsung Korea sent them, I have to try and test it form then to check if it will solve all the hdmi related problems 

mill keep you informed 

0 Likes
SpokkX
Journeyman
Options

Interesting! Keep us posted

0 Likes