Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN95a / games consoles blacking out intermittently...

(Topic created on: 02-05-2021 12:51 PM)
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Hello. I’ve just bought a 55” QN95a - it’s connected to both a PS5 and an Xbox Series X. 

I've been having an issue, where when playing a game on either console, the screen/sound blacks out for about two seconds and then just goes back to normal. The game carries on in the background as it’s momentarily blacked out.

I’ve scoured the internet and it seems it’s a very common issue, particularly with Samsung Tv’s. 

ive been offered a replacement tv or just one connect box, and I’ve opted to try a new one connect (easier that packing up a whole tv etc) that should come in a couple of weeks. But I’m not convinced that it’s a technical fault, but rather something software / setting related.

Ive obviously spoken to Samsung, but as always, it’s just the usual, generic troubleshooting. I’ve tried factory settings, different hdmi ports, changing from 8bit to 10bit etc. But it persists.

Any other ideas? The tv works flawlessly otherwise, it would be wonderful to get to the bottom of this one issue

Thanks

290 REPLIES 290
CarlH
Options

@Swordfish86.  HDR Signals from the consoles can produce a higher bandwidth signal than many other devices. If the cable is not up to the job no picture or blanking out is what you get. I've had a few friends with this issue and a new HDMI cable has rectified this. 

0 Likes
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Interesting. Though I'm using the HDMI cables that came with both consoles, which are recommended (?). Are there better cables out there? I'd be happy to invest on some really good ones, if better ones exist.

CarlH
Options

I can't say exactly which ones they are but they definitely fixed the issue once used. 

pdel
First Poster
Options

I'm having exactly the same issue (apart from it's when I'm watching sport via my laptop/hdmi cable). I bought my Q90T a few weeks and it's driving me crazy with the intermittent blanking. 

I did buy a new HDMI cable (HDMI 2.1, 8K@60Hz, 48Gbps, ultra high speed), which made no difference. 

I feel it's something to do with refresh rates or screen resolution but for the life of me I can't see how to change those or find the answer to this problem.

It's so infuritating but I know when I finally give in and go to samsung, that process will be even more painful!

Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

How frequently is it happening for you? Mine is probably once an hour or something - sounds like not much, but it’s the constant waiting for it to happen. A £2,200 tv should not have this problem!

sorry to hear you’re having the same!

MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options
Similar issue with their older TVs and consoles. If you switch go onto your console settings and disable HDCP, this should solve the issue.

Only problem being, if you use your console to watch any streaming service or Blu-Rays/DVDs, you'll need to enable HDCP again.
0 Likes
HarryPlotter
Voyager
Options

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/qn95a-bildaussetzer-der-zweite-tv-schon/m-p/3274811#M96017

Same Problem with the qn95a in germany. I think this is a Big Problem

0 Likes
SuperSaiyan4
Pioneer
Options
Oh boy, how do I view that in English? 😅 Asking for erm a friend 🤣
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Phantom Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Buds Pro
0 Likes
Scoops77
Explorer
Options

Has your XBOX issue being solved yet? Did you receive a new one connect box? I’m experiencing a similar issue with my 75QN95A. 

0 Likes