Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN95A Black screen

(Topic created on: 06-03-2022 01:29 PM)
Members_tfnrOy4
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone! Another black screen post here...

I got my Samsung QN95A a few days ago and when I set it up, it worked perfectly. 

All of the sudden, the screen went black so I switched the TV off and back on. It was still black. I could see "Neo QED" briefly flash on the screen every now and then and a chime coming from the TV, but nothing else.

I unplugged the cable from both the TV and the cable box and unplugged the cable box from the wall socket, waited 60 seconds and plugged everything back in and restarted the TV. I still got the black screen.

I plugged the power cord into another outlet, started the TV and still got the black screen.

I pressed the power button on the TV for five seconds and then the power button on the remote for five seconds, and after 30 seconds, the Samsung logo showed up on screen, followed by "Neo QLED". Then music started playing, which is the same music from the settings menu. I shone a flashlight on the screen to see if I could see anything, and I could see text. I could navigate through the installation process and then bring up the menu and make a reset. Still nothing!

It seems like the backlight is totally dead!

Is there someone else who has this problem or knows how to fix it? 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page may be helpful to you

Samsung TV has no picture or a black screen

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109749/
Dc347
First Poster
Options

Did you try unplugging all the hdmi inputs unplug the TV then plug in and power it up. If still no good likely a backlight issue like you said.

0 Likes
KirkyJ
First Poster
Options

Hi All. I'm new to this forum but have just unboxed and setup a new 65" QN95A and have run in to an almost identical issue. Turned on the TV, went through the initial setup process and got to step 4 and the screen went black but could still hear sound. I left it for a few mins thinking it was part of the initial setup but nothing. Power off and back on, still no picture.

So, I then unplugged the TV, pulled all the HDMI cables out and left it for a couple of mins. Nothing. The power LED on the screen does light up when I reconnect power and when I press the power button the remote it goes out and you get the little 'click' sound. But nothing on screen, not even the Samsung logo or anything.

Anyhow, I left the TV totally unplugged for about an hour and then tried again and it came on just fine (note I used a different power outlet and cable (not the one that the TV came with - not sure if this is relevant but thought I'd mention it). Thinking it was fine, I fired up the PS5 and played for 10mins and before starting to look at some of the the TV settings and screen went blank again! Still had sound though. Went through the same process as before, but still not managed to bring it back to life yet. 

Not really what I'd expect from £1000 TV, or from Samsung but looks like black screens are a bit of a 'feature'. Should I be just boxing it back up and sending it back?!?!

0 Likes
KirkyJ
First Poster
Options

Quick update for others that might be experiencing similar. Spoke to Samsung support yesterday and basically concluded that the screen is faulty and it now needs to be replaced. 

0 Likes
Awe81
Apprentice
Options

Just to add. Same thing happened to me on my 85" QN95A at first, but after leaving it off and also doing the firmware update to 2001.4 it seemed stable while watching both a movie and playing some Xbox games the other day. Then now today it started happening again when playing PS5 games and now it won't show any picture. Actually it shows picture but basically no backlight at all. If I record the TV with a phone or look at it from a certain angle I can see a tiny light/extremely dimmed picture from menus or whatever is playing from the HDMI content.

So I guess it's a call to Samsung, not really feeling the premium quality at all from this, really unimpressed... 

0 Likes
KirkyJ
First Poster
Options

Sorry to hear you're facing the same sort of issue. I've loved Samsung gear for many years - I still have an LED TV of theirs from 2012 and it works perfectly with a great picture. This most recent experience was pretty poor though. The hardware failure I can forgive - it happens. What was unforgivable is the truly awful support once they'd diagnosed the fault. No easy way to contact their support team, inconsistent information, no updates etc. For one of the biggest consumer tech brands out there, it was woeful.

Hope you manage to get things sorted, and if it helps, this is the e-mail address of the Samsung Shop that I used which did seem to help move things along support@samsunguk.zendesk.com (assuming you bought it from Samsung direct)

0 Likes
12345Dan54321
Journeyman
Options

same thing ,after a week of usage ,ALSO ON REPLACEMENT SET!!!

0 Likes
Members_fYm0EI0
First Poster
Options

Hi - I just wanted to share the link below in case it helps as I have been going back and forth with Samsung trying to sort my tv out which would show the logo and then just turn on and off constantly with no pictures and just sounds- they were/are useless - Eventually, after giving up on the tv I spoke to a friend who said it could be the firmware. Followed these instructions and within 1 minute it was fine again - https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-update-the-samsung-tvs-firmware-using-a...

0 Likes