Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN90A - Xbox Series X random Black out

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 02:41 PM)
Fletch78
Apprentice
Options

My Xbox series X randomly displays black screen for 1-3 seconds in game when setting to 120FPS, ive seen lots of post about this issue with Samsung TV's but not any with a fix. i have logged a call with Samsung but they just checked the software version and advised on using the correct port and cable, has anyone resolved this issue?

45 REPLIES 45
mike_griff
Journeyman
Options
Yeah just got one and loading in games still go black for 10 seconds
0 Likes
Slayer1
Apprentice
Options

Hey, see my post up a couple spots. If you get an Ultra High speed HDMI cable it fixes the issue. Lower HDMI cables can’t handle the data stream for 4K 120 Hz and the sound. Once I got that cable it was fixed

0 Likes
mike_griff
Journeyman
Options
I mean I just got a new hdmi cable and still going in games goes black so I'm confused
0 Likes
mike_griff
Journeyman
Options

So I'm confused and annoyed cause I don't wanna go in a game and keep getting black screen it p***** me

0 Likes
Slayer1
Apprentice
Options

Make sure it’s a Ultra High Speed Certified (sometimes sold as 8k) HDMI. The bandwidth needed for 4K 120 Hz and sound is more than a high speed HDMI can handle so when too much data goes down the cable that’s when you get the black screen. I bought the Monoprice 8k Certified Ultra High speed HDMI. I haven’t had an issue since.

0 Likes
mike_griff
Journeyman
Options
Yeah it's an 8k one just got it today and still a black screen what does this mean
0 Likes
Slayer1
Apprentice
Options

is it a reputable cable? some cheap or no name cables are just *****. Make sure it’s hdmi 2.1(should be if it’s 8k)

0 Likes
mike_griff
Journeyman
Options
Yeah it was £16 and 8k I don't understand every game I load in it just goes black then back to normal
0 Likes
mike_griff
Journeyman
Options
Yeah just goes black when going in a game and I have the 8k one Screenshot_20221116_001301_Gallery.jpg
0 Likes
Slayer1
Apprentice
Options

You’re plugged into the 2.1 input on your tv? There is only one slot 4(?) I think. Are you in game mode? You can try hard resetting the Xbox to set it to a lower resolution. Then start increasing it until you get the black screen again. If you can’t max it out it is probably the cable. I can check my Xbox settings and tell you later

0 Likes