Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN90A - Xbox Series X random Black out

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 02:41 PM)
Fletch78
Apprentice
Options

My Xbox series X randomly displays black screen for 1-3 seconds in game when setting to 120FPS, ive seen lots of post about this issue with Samsung TV's but not any with a fix. i have logged a call with Samsung but they just checked the software version and advised on using the correct port and cable, has anyone resolved this issue?

45 REPLIES 45
AndrewL
Options

@Fletch78: Are you experiencing this issue with any particular games or apps? Do you have the Series X connected to HDMI port 4 using the cable that came packaged with the console? If you head to the Xbox video settings, can you try disabling some enhanced settings such as VRR and HDR to see if the issue persists? On the TV itself, head to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Input Signal Plus, and enable this for the relevant HDMI input. 

0 Likes
Zocker86
Explorer
Options

I have the same problems with qn95a, I disabled HDR10 in the XBOX settings und have no blackscreens anymore. 
test it and tell me if it works.

Turk2421
Explorer
Options

I am having this same issue with Xbox series x disconnecting from HDMI randomly saying not supported, have tried doing everything you have said keeps doing it. Plus tried different HDMI ports and cables. Plus what is the point if you have to disable hdr and vrr that is one of the main reasons I got this tv. 

Zocker86
Explorer
Options

Hey, yes it dont work anymore, just one day. BUT, I set the output of the xbox from 120Hz to 60Hz und this worked, no more blackscreens! to test I switched back to 120Hz und i had blackscreens every 30 sec, then turn back to 60Hz und it works fine. have tried this?

Turk2421
Explorer
Options

No I have not tried putting it back to 60 HD the whole reason I bought this TV was for the capability of how good it was supposedly was for the Xbox series x and 120 HZ and variable refresh rate but if I have those on it keeps disconnecting what is the point of having the TV if they don't work correctly. 

Fletch78
Apprentice
Options
I moved mine to HDMI port 3 and have had no issues since
0 Likes
Turk2421
Explorer
Options

I even did that switch to Port 3 and it still is having the same issue will randomly disconnect go back to the home screen say not supported in the middle of a game. 

0 Likes
Fletch78
Apprentice
Options
Ok my issue was just with black screen for 10 sec then back to the game. I wasnt getting not supported message
Andryu180
First Poster
Options

Same issue here and no solution. I've a pc with 3090 connected to hdmi 4, the issue only occurs when  i set the refresh rate of the tv to 120hz, while if i keep it at 60hz no problems. That's incredibly annoying and simply ridiculous, this was my first and last samsung tv for sure

0 Likes