Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QLED Q7F - should it record 2 programs?

(Topic created on: 30-07-2018 07:15 PM)
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

We've just recently had this TV delivered and very happy with it.  We are playing about with other features and found you can schedule recordings, and that it has 2 tuners for Freeview and satellite.  So I plugged in a USB memory stick to test it out.

It seems it allows you to set overlapping programs, but on my tests so far it has failed to record one of the programs, and I'm not sure if this is because the memory stick isn't fast enough to support recording 2 at the same time.

Information in the manual seems to lack any great detail about a lot of the functions so I can't find a definitive answer myself, so should it record 2 overlapping programs and I just need a proper fast enough USB hard-drive to make it work?

Regards 

Phil

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Just to update for anyone else, this TV will record 2 things at the same time, it just couldn't do this with a USB stick.

I'm using a hard drive in this enclosure (from Amazon search for ORICO 2.5 Inch Aluminium USB 3.0 External Hard Drive )  as I've found these to be very reliable over long periods of time of being connected.  This is connected to the HDD USB port on the One Box but it's power requirements are small anyway.

I can confirm it is so far working from standby and recording from the schedule, it also supports Freeview Accurate Recording (in the UK) so that it starts recording from a signal transmitted to it so will follow the beginning and end times of the program regardless of the scheduled time or if running late.

The hard drive also powers down when the TV goes into standby.

Regards

Phil

Sethyhead
Student
Options

Hi

I have just purchased this TV and am happy.  I have plugged in a portable 1TB HDD (Amazon) and I am having issues with recordings and tie shift.  Some recordings only record 5 mins of a program, some not at all, so ok.  (no over lap in timings yet)  also sometimes the time shift works, sometines it wont.  somethines the play / pause button pauses the tv, somethines it won't.  its really frustraiting as I want to get rid of my PVR but its not going anywhere soon!

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Sethyhead wrote:

Hi

I have just purchased this TV and am happy.  I have plugged in a portable 1TB HDD (Amazon) and I am having issues with recordings and tie shift.  Some recordings only record 5 mins of a program, some not at all, so ok.  (no over lap in timings yet)  also sometimes the time shift works, sometines it wont.  somethines the play / pause button pauses the tv, somethines it won't.  its really frustraiting as I want to get rid of my PVR but its not going anywhere soon!

The newer Samsung do have problems recording. My friend had a ks9500  that would not do scheduled recording. He had a new main board and smart connect. Samsung replaced it with the 65q9f and was told that it could also have the same issues. It did and stopped recording scheduled programs. Samsung took it back and gave him a full refund.  If you look on these forums it does seem to be an issue. 

0 Likes
Sethyhead
Student
Options

Well if i keep having problems then ill be happy to keep my PVR and replace the TV with a Q9F!  

Ill keep testing and report back

Cheers for the heads up

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Sethyhead wrote:

Well if i keep having problems then ill be happy to keep my PVR and replace the TV with a Q9F!  

Ill keep testing and report back

Cheers for the heads up

Make sure and ask if it will record 2 programs,  or 2 tuners. It has but ask the question and tell them that is a big consideration for buying it and have it recorded. Then if you have issues in the future you are covered. 

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Phil12 wrote:

Hi

Just to update for anyone else, this TV will record 2 things at the same time, it just couldn't do this with a USB stick.

I'm using a hard drive in this enclosure (from Amazon search for ORICO 2.5 Inch Aluminium USB 3.0 External Hard Drive )  as I've found these to be very reliable over long periods of time of being connected.  This is connected to the HDD USB port on the One Box but it's power requirements are small anyway.

I can confirm it is so far working from standby and recording from the schedule, it also supports Freeview Accurate Recording (in the UK) so that it starts recording from a signal transmitted to it so will follow the beginning and end times of the program regardless of the scheduled time or if running late.

The hard drive also powers down when the TV goes into standby.

Regards

Phil

Is still recording as I have been told that after 2 weeks they can stop working. 

0 Likes
MaryMarsh
First Poster
Options

4 weeks ago we bought and installed and have been using a QE55Q7FNATXXU 55". 

Until this weekend, the Time Shift function for Live TV worked. Now it doesn't. Despite being referred to in the manual (page 91), Samsung support are trying to tell us this functionality doesn't exist! It did - but it has stopped working. We've done all the usual reboots, downloads, etc. We are not getting any answers...

Does anyone else have problems with the Time Shift function please?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@MaryMarsh wrote:

4 weeks ago we bought and installed and have been using a QE55Q7FNATXXU 55". 

Until this weekend, the Time Shift function for Live TV worked. Now it doesn't. Despite being referred to in the manual (page 91), Samsung support are trying to tell us this functionality doesn't exist! It did - but it has stopped working. We've done all the usual reboots, downloads, etc. We are not getting any answers...

Does anyone else have problems with the Time Shift function please?

It does do time shift and they are lying when they say it does not.  Outrageous and just shows how bad their customer support is. Report the matter to your retailer at once and if in the 4 week period get a refund or replacement so you don't have to mess about with repairs. It should also record 2 programs,  or 1 when watching another,  but again Samsung have problems whit scheduled recording which they know about but will not admit to. 

Paul

0 Likes
BRijohn
Apprentice
Options

Hi I was having same problem I had to go to complete new install when it asks for satellite install it ask if you want single or dual tuners select dual and with a external 1tb hard drive jobs a good one works great. 

0 Likes