Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG QLED Q7F 'forgets' HDMI sources

(Topic created on: 23-11-2021 02:02 PM)
pikcie
Apprentice
Options

This has been an ongoing issue for years now.

My Samsung TV somehow forgets the HDMI source of several inputs and reverts back to "unknown". It removes them from the Home menu and so it requires re-adding them (and renaming) every time it randomly 'forgets' them.

This gets incredibly frustrating when having to frequently set them up with the smart remote so I can control the volume through my SONOS home theater system.

As far as I am aware this should be a software fix, and I've seen countless posts on this forum about this issue, so why is nothing being done about this?

10 REPLIES 10
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @pikcie 

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
pikcie
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chris

Model Code: QE55Q7FAM
Serial Number: 0A4N3SCK300757M
Software Version: T-KTMDEUC-1300.3 , BT - S

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @pikcie 

We can confirm that your TV is on the latest software version. We would suggest carrying out a reset of the TV by firstly disconnecting all external sources, then go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset > PIN. Please note, this will reset any settings that may have been adjusted on the TV and set them back to the factory default settings the TV came with.

After this, reconnect your external devices to see if this makes any difference.

0 Likes
pikcie
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chris

I have already done this, hence getting in touch.

Can you confirm this bug has been reported to the devs and has been acted on?

Thanks

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

If you're still having the same issue after a full reset of the TV, it may well be that the HDMI ports will require resetting, which will have to be done by our Support Team. You can contact them on 0333 000 0333, mentioning that we've suggest a reset of the HDMI ports, and they'll run through the process with you. If they're not able to fix this after the reset, they'll be able to advise on the next available options.

0 Likes
clan0013
First Poster
Options

I have the same long standing issue with my Samsung UN65KS8000 TV.  It frequently forgets that it’s my Roku that’s connected to HDMI 1 and my Nintendo Switch that is connected to HDMI 2.  Sometimes it forgets what’s plugged into HDMI 3 and 4 as well, but this seems less frequent.  Definitely a software problem.  I have the latest software version (1260) that my TV can update to.

0 Likes
Errand
Journeyman
Options

Hey there,

I have the same issue on my "smart" tv.

With the slight distinction, that it only forgets the PS4 on HDMI 1 - not only occasionally, but on every off/on cycle. All other HDMIs are working as intended.

0 Likes
PK01
Journeyman
Options

Lol you call this an answer? 

0 Likes
PK01
Journeyman
Options

Terrible response Chris, terrible response. We all know, you know, this won't fix anything. 

0 Likes